• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

PY

International Coach
wpdavid said:
Who's Biffer - Tres? If so, I was wondering the same thing. Having a RH/LH combo at the top of the order is no bad thing, and Tres hasn't exactly been full of runs opening in this form of the game.
Yeah, not sure why I call him Biffer. Maybe it's because he's slow and big and association with the dustbin lorries. :p His nickname is Banger officially I believe.

If he did drop to three then I reckon it would make the balance of the side slightly easier to fathom.

Strauss and Bell to open, Trescothick would be a big hitter as well as another opener in case of quick wicket, then Collingwood 4 KP 5 and Freddie at 6. That to me looks like it has some class to it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Yeah, not sure why I call him Biffer. Maybe it's because he's slow and big and association with the dustbin lorries. :p His nickname is Banger officially I believe.

If he did drop to three then I reckon it would make the balance of the side slightly easier to fathom.

Strauss and Bell to open, Trescothick would be a big hitter as well as another opener in case of quick wicket, then Collingwood 4 KP 5 and Freddie at 6. That to me looks like it has some class to it.
It's probably as good as we're going to get. I would think Collingwood could float - move up to 4 to protect KP & Fred if we lose a couple of early wickets, otherwise bat at 6. With Dalrymple at 7, it's not the worst lineup ever.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Dropped catches to cost West Indies this game.
Or needless dismissals will do the same for England. They only need 5-an-over here-on-in, so there's no reason to give it away. Especially after the Aus game, you really didin't need Bell to be giving catching practice at this stage.

Dravid

International Captain
wpdavid said:
Or needless dismissals will do the same for England. They only need 5-an-over here-on-in, so there's no reason to give it away. Especially after the Aus game, you really didin't need Bell to be giving catching practice at this stage.
They are barely hitting anything in the air. It's just the ones they did, went towards the fielder.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Throw in the possible use of Cook, I really don't know what he did wrong!
Yes, he's been unlucky. When you look at the state of our top 4 in this tournament, you have to wonder why he hasn't played. But given where we're now at, you'd have to assume that Bell will start in the VB series.

PY

International Coach
Definitely, though I don't think Yardy will play when Fred can bowl properly. If Tres doesn't come back then Cook at 3?

Bell averages 40 in ODI, you can't argue with that really! Would like him to beat that 88 top score though. :p

Dravid

International Captain
Well Flintoff going for a shot that wasn't needed and gives taylor a pretty easy catch by the rope. Collingwood now in and England are 126-2.

Dravid

International Captain
Out! West Indies making a comeback, Collingwood nicks it to slip and Gayles expression was something you all should've seen.

Boycott getting really mad now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YES! Now KP can have a bat and top score for England this series (I belive there's enough runs left for him to do so).

Was worried he'd come in with not many left, thank God for England doing their thing.