• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yardy at least trying to score runs. Strauss seems content to to give his wicket away & not doing a fantastic job of that either.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
roseboy64 said:
Umm no?I'd say Australia and West Indies. England are crap in ODIs and the WI have India in the palm of their hands.
"Umm no?" What are you, 12?

WI may have India in the palm of their hands on WI territory, but this is India, and I don't think all out for 80 is going to put fear in India. WI last two matches against India were hardly convincing as well.

India or WI could get through with Australia. I'd say India are more likely to though, being hosts and all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ya I am not sure regarding the third dismissal yet as well. BTW Boycott raving about Patel's line - "Absolutely superb line. Superb line." :cool:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
looking an interesting decision to leave Lewis out given the early swing, that said i wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any swing from England.

bit of inconsistent bounce tho

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We've got Bishop & Rameez Raja currently over here.

One kept low to KP there. There's really been a fair bit of swing so far too. I'm no expert, but more than I'd expect from an Indian pitch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The pitch report showed that there were a lot of cracks on the pitch. Obviously they wouldn't be too wide at this stage but that may well be the reason for inconsistent bounce on occassions as the ball is bound to bounce differently when it lands at the edges of some of the cracks.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
We've got Bishop & Rameez Raja currently over here.

One kept low to KP there. There's really been a fair bit of swing so far too. I'm no expert, but more than I'd expect from an Indian pitch.
Had to mute my TV after Rameez said “Pathan is a very similar bowler to Mohammad Asif”. The guy talks complete *****.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
"I was quite critical of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh batting but English batting has been quite poor as well." - Boycott.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
The pitch report showed that there were a lot of cracks on the pitch. Obviously they wouldn't be too wide at this stage but that may well be the reason for inconsistent bounce on occassions as the ball is bound to bounce differently when it lands at the edges of some of the cracks.
Not that they'll be an issue when our boys pitch it a couple of feet wide of off stump. It's been said before, but Lewis must fell like taking the first flight home and telling Fletch precisely where to stick it.

It's hard to see what the point of all this is. Taking a side that is abysmal in this form of the game at the best of times and flying them half way across the world with one warm-up against the equivalent of Banstead 2nd XI was never going to give us a contest this morning. Still, I suppose it will fill a few pockets somewhere along the line.

Even so, 27 for 4 is a shocking effort. Good bowling by Patel & Pathan, but even so.....