• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

Dravid

International Captain
100 for Chris Gayle. Well done man, great batting. Loved the innings and so did the crowd. Good response from who ever is at the stadium to watch the game. First 100 of the tournament, and I expect them to start hitting now. 208-1 after 42.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Last time I did this the partnership was broken almost immediately, so worth a go:

Code:
2nd  221   CG Greenidge & IVA Richards                 v India        Jamshedpur       1983/84

Dravid

International Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
Last time I did this the partnership was broken almost immediately, so worth a go:

Code:
2nd  221   CG Greenidge & IVA Richards                 v India        Jamshedpur       1983/84
Indeed it did this time too. Gayle run-out

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
How many runs will we lose by?
Rather a lot. With Saj bowling at the death, you have to fancy them to reach 270, and our batting's been horrible for years. Certainly a 3 figure margin - probably about 120.

EDIT
Looks like I overestimated Jimmy's current capabilities. Much more of this and 300 isn't out of the question. Whoever reckoned 140 losing margin was probably closer to the mark.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
100 for Bravo. Great shot to bring up his maiden 100 and the 2nd of the inning and the 2nd of the tournament. 249-2

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
Bravo at 3 the past 2 games, interesting. This game can be seen as pure experimentation but against India the game was far from over when he came in after Gayle's dismissal, so they obviously see Bravo having a prosperous future up the order once Lara and Shiv go.
Interesting really. He has been improving in one day cricket as a batsman average wise though I haven't checked the exact breakups of the yearly averages.

2004 (age: 20y 86d) 19 10 3 100 33* 16 15 14.28 0 0 2
2005 (21y 86d) 13 13 3 213 41* 28 27 21.30 0 0 1
2006 (22y 86d) 21 16 5 279 62* 61* 38 25.36 0 2 2

His '06 averages will improve further with this 100 obviously. Bravo doesn't have a great LIST A or FC record but given more than 60% of his LIST A is his ODI cricket and batsmen are not known to score that highly in FC cricket in the Windies and given Bravo is still improving as a batsman, there is the possibility of him playing a bigger role as a batsman. We do know he is no muck with the bat at least as he has shown in glimpses already in his international career.