Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

PY
    Ah well, that was pathetic from England's top order.

Nothing to be proud of whatsoever.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Well after all the pathetic rubbish I've had to listen through from England over the past year or so they had better damn well retain the Ashes.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    He had a Test average of 43 after 7 games.
    9 out of 10 of those innings were not out, though.

He's out now anyway. Not a good total but England are by no means out of the game if a few early wickets fall. They need to get Watson, Gilchrist and Ponting for pretty much nothing to have a chance, you'd imagine.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Brilliant team bowling effort today, after the early period. Watson and Johnson were quite fantastic on a lifeless pitch, and Lee kept it very tight also. Watson's averaging under 20 over the last 12 months now with the ball, and gets better every series, and Johnson seems to get better every single game he plays, and is developing a habit of getting the best batsmen in the opposition out cheaply. Plenty of hope there.

McGrath was okay after his early problems too. Got some reverse in his 2nd and 3rd spells and deserved a couple of wickets given the horrible drop from Martyn early on.

England were pretty hopeless after Bell and Strauss though. For people who've seen more of him than me, is Yardy actually any good? He looks completely out of his depth at international level, and it's hard to see why he's being picked at all. Surely they'd be better off picking someone else instead and having Collingwood at 4.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PY
    If we can get to 200 () it might make it 90-10 in Australia's favour. Good times.
    Hahah, good one PY.

Was about to ask the same question about Yardy - never heard of him until recently and he's either totally overawed or clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Why is an out of form Flintoff coming in *up* the order? He'd be better off at 6 when he's as rubbish as this.

Any what a joke Watson having 2 wickets - typical of ODIs tho.
    Some joke, you not even watching the game yet you can decipher if someone is bowling well or not. “Toothless rubbish”? Probably never seen him play...

In regard to the game, ****ing useless but to be expected. Also James Anderson > Are top order.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Odds on the runs from Harmy's first over? I'm going 13 myself.

Good old-fashioned Pommie jib, all the more galling because we piddled away such a good position. It does show the virtue of having 4th & 5th seaming options who can take wickets, but then that's a no-brainer anyway! It's having the players to do it!

Right, I'm off to the pub to watch the Oz innings with a bevy or several. I'll be back to bemoan our inevitable defeat later....
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Brilliant team bowling effort today, after the early period. Watson and Johnson were quite fantastic on a lifeless pitch, and Lee kept it very tight also. Watson's averaging under 20 over the last 12 months now with the ball, and gets better every series, and Johnson seems to get better every single game he plays, and is developing a habit of getting the best batsmen in the opposition out cheaply. Plenty of hope there.

McGrath was okay after his early problems too. Got some reverse in his 2nd and 3rd spells and deserved a couple of wickets given the horrible drop from Martyn early on.

England were pretty hopeless after Bell and Strauss though. For people who've seen more of him than me, is Yardy actually any good? He looks completely out of his depth at international level, and it's hard to see why he's being picked at all. Surely they'd be better off picking someone else instead and having Collingwood at 4.
    Well, not really, he's ok at list A level, but his batting average is 20! And he's so obviously not an international player, the only reason he's in the side is because he bowls some variety of ****ty left arm spin

PY
    Quote Originally Posted by social
    Was about to ask the same question about Yardy - never heard of him until recently and he's either totally overawed or clueless.
    Both, his bowling is better than his batting IMO.

He's an intelligent cricketer but it doesn't make up for a lack of natural talent.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Michael Yardy? Whats up with this guy, can he actually bat or is he one of those bits and pieces players that England have the habit of picking. I'm sure Ed Joyce would be better of being up at the top of the order somewhere. Should be an easy win for Australia, picking Watson and Ponting to be in the runs. Harmison's first over will cost 10.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

And well done to Australia, they fielding saved them quite a few runs and the bowling was terrific, i'm amazed how good Watson looked today, last time i saw him was last witner against the world 11 where he was so bad i felt sorry for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    Some joke, you not even watching the game yet you can decipher if someone is bowling well or not. “Toothless rubbish”? Probably never seen him play...

In regard to the game, ****ing useless but to be expected. Also James Anderson > Are top order.
    I've seen Watson plenty of times, he's straight up and down - which is toothless at international level, or it would be if it wasn't England just throwing wickets away as per usual.

Regardless of how well anyone bowled you shouldn't be losing so many wickets to him (or anyone).

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    I've seen Watson plenty of times, he's straight up and down - which is toothless at international level, or it would be if it wasn't England just throwing wickets away as per usual.

Regardless of how well anyone bowled you shouldn't be losing so many wickets to him.
    He's improved massively since the last time i saw him, and look at his record in 2006, averaging 20.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Watson since the Ashes in ODIs: 23 wickets @ 18.09, econ 4.73. Admittedly that's mostly against minnows though, rest of the world, South Africa, India, West Indies and now England. Johnson is now averaging under 25 for his career after taking 3 games to take a wicket.

Toothless rubbish indeed.

Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread Information