• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

Dravid

International Captain
50!!!! for Dhoni...The crowd is loud and have gone crazy! I mean they are loud! He sits for a second and takes a breath after running every ball this over

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Superb inning from Dhoni to get India to 223 but I don't think it will be enough. Windies are a handy batting side and look committed. They should be able to win this one.

Dravid

International Captain
O well no run off the last ball. 223 for 9. India could have done better, now need some good performance from the bowlers to win this match.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
adharcric said:
Well he screwed us over by running out a well-set Dravid, but that was Dravid's fault as well.
How was it Dravid's fault when he was only responding to the call?

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Well he screwed us over by running out a well-set Dravid, but that was Dravid's fault as well.
Dravid is one of the worst runners between the wickets after he reaches in the 30s or 40s. He gives up way to easily. If his excuse is that he gets tired, than he needs to get more fit. This is not the first time Dravid got run-out like this

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well if I call out Dhoni for his utter stupidity, I have to commend when he does well.

That was very unselfish and intelligent running between the wickets in the last over. I am very impressed, more so than if he had just hit boundries.

Obviously, I'd rather have the boundries, but its more important to see that he's not a total idiot.

Fratboy

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is what seperates Dhoni from Afridi. Dhoni, unlike Afridi actually can build an innings in singles.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Woohoo England aren't the first team to get knocked out in the last 8 group stages...
That almost cheered me up until I realised that the first side to get knocked out was still able to win 5-0 in England without their best bowler. Just in case anyone wasn't aware how pants we are in this form of the game ...

adharcric

International Coach
Pratyush said:
How was it Dravid's fault when he was only responding to the call?
Dhoni made the wrong call, but Dravid was also at fault. He should've sent Dhoni back if it was a bad call. Instead, he went on with the call and didn't even put effort into making his ground. He wasn't even sliding his bat in the replay and he wasn't exactly out by a mile.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Fratboy said:
This is what seperates Dhoni from Afridi. Dhoni, unlike Afridi actually can build an innings in singles.
At least in ODIs - remember his brain-dead bating in the last India v England Test whwn he seemd to work on the theory that Monty would keep dropping it no matter how many times he put itstraight up in the air to him...Still agree with you about Afridi..sometimes if you didn't know better you'd think he was a kid just starting out not someone who made his debut TEN YEARS AGO!! As for this game 223 at least is defendable...and HOW stupid do the Wisden Cricketer look now predicting this Trophy would be a feast of batting...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
adharcric said:
Dhoni made the wrong call, but Dravid was also at fault. He should've sent Dhoni back if it was a bad call. Instead, he went on with the call and didn't even put effort into making his ground. He wasn't even sliding his bat in the replay and he wasn't exactly out by a mile.
You don't often have enough time to send the other person back. Mostly you just run when the other person calls. The second point you make - good point. For example, Dhoni leaped and gave it his all in his dive when he faced a close shave a few overs later.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wow, a good thing about Pathan bowling wide:

If a fast bowler bowls a wide down leg side, there is a good chance it will go to the boundry. With Pathan, Dhoni can leisurely take a stroll towards the leg side and catch the ball cleanly.

I knew there must be a reason he dropped his pace.

Dravid

International Captain
Raina dropped a catch, that should've been an easy one for HIM. Pathan still havig a tough time with the ball, and he comes off and is replaced by Agarkar. India need two wickets before 60 runs, or this match is out of their hand

Dravid

International Captain
The stadium goes up in excitement as Munaf Patel picks up the first wicket for India. Chris Gayle comes down the track to a short ball and plays it straight into the air, and the catch is taken by RP Singh. India need another wicket quick to put the pressure on West Indies.

Fratboy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Poker Boy said:
At least in ODIs - remember his brain-dead bating in the last India v England Test whwn he seemd to work on the theory that Monty would keep dropping it no matter how many times he put itstraight up in the air to him...Still agree with you about Afridi..sometimes if you didn't know better you'd think he was a kid just starting out not someone who made his debut TEN YEARS AGO!! As for this game 223 at least is defendable...and HOW stupid do the Wisden Cricketer look now predicting this Trophy would be a feast of batting...
Yeah, sometimes I wonder why the Pakistani team don't force Afridi to just deal in singles for a few overs, prohibit him from scoring a single boundary till so and so over. It seems hard to believe that a player could have absolutely no will power.