Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1816

Thread: Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

  1. #721
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,736
    Ah well, that was pathetic from England's top order.

    Nothing to be proud of whatsoever.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

    - Stephen Currie

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

  2. #722
    Well after all the pathetic rubbish I've had to listen through from England over the past year or so they had better damn well retain the Ashes.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  3. #723
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    He had a Test average of 43 after 7 games.
    9 out of 10 of those innings were not out, though.

    He's out now anyway. Not a good total but England are by no means out of the game if a few early wickets fall. They need to get Watson, Gilchrist and Ponting for pretty much nothing to have a chance, you'd imagine.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  4. #724
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Brilliant team bowling effort today, after the early period. Watson and Johnson were quite fantastic on a lifeless pitch, and Lee kept it very tight also. Watson's averaging under 20 over the last 12 months now with the ball, and gets better every series, and Johnson seems to get better every single game he plays, and is developing a habit of getting the best batsmen in the opposition out cheaply. Plenty of hope there.

    McGrath was okay after his early problems too. Got some reverse in his 2nd and 3rd spells and deserved a couple of wickets given the horrible drop from Martyn early on.

    England were pretty hopeless after Bell and Strauss though. For people who've seen more of him than me, is Yardy actually any good? He looks completely out of his depth at international level, and it's hard to see why he's being picked at all. Surely they'd be better off picking someone else instead and having Collingwood at 4.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair


  5. #725
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by PY
    If we can get to 200 () it might make it 90-10 in Australia's favour. Good times.
    Hahah, good one PY.

  6. #726
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,421
    Was about to ask the same question about Yardy - never heard of him until recently and he's either totally overawed or clueless.

  7. #727
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Why is an out of form Flintoff coming in *up* the order? He'd be better off at 6 when he's as rubbish as this.

    Any what a joke Watson having 2 wickets - typical of ODIs tho.
    Some joke, you not even watching the game yet you can decipher if someone is bowling well or not. “Toothless rubbish”? Probably never seen him play...

    In regard to the game, ****ing useless but to be expected. Also James Anderson > Are top order.

  8. #728
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,082
    Odds on the runs from Harmy's first over? I'm going 13 myself.

    Good old-fashioned Pommie jib, all the more galling because we piddled away such a good position. It does show the virtue of having 4th & 5th seaming options who can take wickets, but then that's a no-brainer anyway! It's having the players to do it!

    Right, I'm off to the pub to watch the Oz innings with a bevy or several. I'll be back to bemoan our inevitable defeat later....
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

  9. #729
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Brilliant team bowling effort today, after the early period. Watson and Johnson were quite fantastic on a lifeless pitch, and Lee kept it very tight also. Watson's averaging under 20 over the last 12 months now with the ball, and gets better every series, and Johnson seems to get better every single game he plays, and is developing a habit of getting the best batsmen in the opposition out cheaply. Plenty of hope there.

    McGrath was okay after his early problems too. Got some reverse in his 2nd and 3rd spells and deserved a couple of wickets given the horrible drop from Martyn early on.

    England were pretty hopeless after Bell and Strauss though. For people who've seen more of him than me, is Yardy actually any good? He looks completely out of his depth at international level, and it's hard to see why he's being picked at all. Surely they'd be better off picking someone else instead and having Collingwood at 4.
    Well, not really, he's ok at list A level, but his batting average is 20! And he's so obviously not an international player, the only reason he's in the side is because he bowls some variety of ****ty left arm spin

  10. #730
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,736
    Quote Originally Posted by social
    Was about to ask the same question about Yardy - never heard of him until recently and he's either totally overawed or clueless.
    Both, his bowling is better than his batting IMO.

    He's an intelligent cricketer but it doesn't make up for a lack of natural talent.

  11. #731
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Michael Yardy? Whats up with this guy, can he actually bat or is he one of those bits and pieces players that England have the habit of picking. I'm sure Ed Joyce would be better of being up at the top of the order somewhere. Should be an easy win for Australia, picking Watson and Ponting to be in the runs. Harmison's first over will cost 10.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  12. #732
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    And well done to Australia, they fielding saved them quite a few runs and the bowling was terrific, i'm amazed how good Watson looked today, last time i saw him was last witner against the world 11 where he was so bad i felt sorry for the guy.

  13. #733
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    Some joke, you not even watching the game yet you can decipher if someone is bowling well or not. “Toothless rubbish”? Probably never seen him play...

    In regard to the game, ****ing useless but to be expected. Also James Anderson > Are top order.
    I've seen Watson plenty of times, he's straight up and down - which is toothless at international level, or it would be if it wasn't England just throwing wickets away as per usual.

    Regardless of how well anyone bowled you shouldn't be losing so many wickets to him (or anyone).

  14. #734
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    I've seen Watson plenty of times, he's straight up and down - which is toothless at international level, or it would be if it wasn't England just throwing wickets away as per usual.

    Regardless of how well anyone bowled you shouldn't be losing so many wickets to him.
    He's improved massively since the last time i saw him, and look at his record in 2006, averaging 20.

  15. #735
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Watson since the Ashes in ODIs: 23 wickets @ 18.09, econ 4.73. Admittedly that's mostly against minnows though, rest of the world, South Africa, India, West Indies and now England. Johnson is now averaging under 25 for his career after taking 3 games to take a wicket.

    Toothless rubbish indeed.

Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. England vs India
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 22-10-2006, 12:16 AM
  2. What do you think about India flexing its muscles?
    By silentstriker in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 10:48 AM
  3. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 11:36 AM
  4. Starting from Scratch: A Zimbabwe Story
    By tassietiger in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 28-06-2005, 05:43 AM
  5. Sim 1 Trophy
    By Jamee999 in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-08-2004, 06:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •