• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No surprises to see Hinds gone, his so ordinary it hurts. Dwayne Smith the new man in, should be interesting to see him bat, does not usually hang around.

sideshowtim

Banned
Lara is soft. 3rd wicket falls and he's not even in yet. Wants to protect himself from the good bowlers and wait till the part timers come on. Soft.

Good bowling by Watson!

sideshowtim

Banned
Wow, another superb captaincy move by Ponting. Brings on Clarke unexpectedly in the 15th over and picks up a wicket. Punter is brilliant.

sideshowtim

Banned
Ponting is becoming a very good captain. Made some very good moves in the DLF Cup and he's done the same twice here:

* Bowling Bracken instead of McGrath and getting the wicket for it
* Bringing Clarke on and getting the wicket for it

What a champion. And finally Lara comes in at Number 6 after being too soft to come in earlier.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
sideshowtim said:
Lara 11 off 42...Bogging himself down a bit here...I know what he's trying to do but he's not doing a very good job of it.
Erm, 4 wickets are down. Would make sense not to do what the famous English keeper did a few days back. Lara can always change gears, more so if he has spent time.

Case in point - the two fours in the last over by Lara.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tbh it's worrying that he is scoring so slowly.... he's obviously got his eye in, and i dread to think who he's going to unleash upon!!!

Good bowling all-round by the Australians. Must say i was suprised that McGrath didn't open with Lee, but i can see the logic in giving Bracken early overs whilst the ball is still swinging, and it paid off. Good bit of Captaincy from punter!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can someone tell my why the Shiv isn't playing?

Bloody hell, just screwed up one of my bets.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Clapo said:
tbh it's worrying that he is scoring so slowly.... he's obviously got his eye in, and i dread to think who he's going to unleash upon!!!
He is ensuring the lower but more reachable total while going for a few extra unleashing later when he feels fit or get runs in the end if the chance does comes. Good strategy and Lara has played similar innings to this in the past.