• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great Birtannia said:
Jaques
Katich
Cosgrove
Watson
D.Hussey
Lehmann (c)
Haddin
Hogg
Bracken
S.Clark
Johnson

Give the ashes boys a rest. Didn't this use to be a knockout tournament? Why change it to the same format as the WC? It's a waste of time.
By then they would have had a 5 month rest.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Yeah, play the second string. would be nice to give a chance to those being kept out the side by donkeys (Jonesy)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The only thing with Australia resting players is that it would mean they might get a game or 2 FC warmup before the Ashes rather then ODI's.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
The only thing with Australia resting players is that it would mean they might get a game or 2 FC warmup before the Ashes rather then ODI's.
which would not be good nor make sense since they have a 5 month break..

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
which would not be good nor make sense since they have a 5 month break..
Come again? With the Ashes coming up I'd take a couple of First Class games over some meaningless ODI tournament every time. The 5 month break doesn't come into it, you ****ing dolt.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Come again? With the Ashes coming up I'd take a couple of First Class games over some meaningless ODI tournament every time. The 5 month break doesn't come into it, you ****ing dolt.
absolute crap, listen to how stupid you sound, before the last ashes Australia had 2 months break after the NZ tour & yet took so long get themselves back to their best losing to somerset & bangladesh & stuggling intially againts England. Now they have 5 months off..

If one is to go by your brainless logic other than Gillespie & possibly McGrath & Langer (if they do play county cricket) the rest of the squad will no international matches & just have 2 FC games & the training camp to prepare for the ashes, even if the champions trophy is not that significant, its the only major tournament Australia haven't won & they will want to win it plus it would be stupid to go into the ashes with no international matches behind them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
First Class Cricket is arguably better preparation for the biggest test series for the Aussies in about 18 years than some ODIs that they just won't care about

James

Cricket Web Owner
steds said:
Steds, that's not the sort of behaviour someone from within the CW Team should be directing towards a CW visitor, regardless of what they have to say.

You should know better...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
First Class Cricket is arguably better preparation for the biggest test series for the Aussies in about 18 years than some ODIs that they just won't care about
Thats the thing Australia do care about the CT, its the only major tournament they have not one & surely they will want to win it. Plus as i just mentioned it wont be more than 2 FC matches then the training camp before the 1st test & that surely isn't enough cricket coming off a very lenghty break. Cricketers don't normally get 5 months off & it has an effect & i'm 100% sure Australia will take their best side to the CT.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
aussie said:
Thats the thing Australia do care about the CT, its the only major tournament they have not one & surely they will want to win it. Plus as i just mentioned it wont be more than 2 FC matches then the training camp before the 1st test & that surely isn't enough cricket coming off a very lenghty break. Cricketers don't normally get 5 months off & it has an effect & i'm 100% sure Australia will take their best side to the CT.
The CT is not normally 6 months before the WC. I doubt Aussies will play the same side in both tournaments and their best side will play the WC...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
The CT is not normally 6 months before the WC. I doubt Aussies will play the same side in both tournaments and their best side will play the WC...
well one reason for that could be between the CT & the VB series Australia will be looking to get their best combination for the WC.But the majority of the players that will start in the caribbean are already settled though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why is the CT so valueless? It is a still a tournament played by the top sides in the world and the winner would have had to play some good cricket... Plus, it is a nice tune up to the WC as well.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
With England's recent ODi form, we should have no problems against minnows like India and Australia, especially if Solankia, Kabir Ali, Gareth Batty, Ian Blackwell, Liam Plunkett and all our other superstars remain in their current rich veins of form. England to go all the way.

[disclaimer - by all the way, I mean it in a strictly idotic sense, and I am indeed, an idiot]
Yes,England will win but Plunkett is a good bowler

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
aussie said:
well one reason for that could be between the CT & the VB series Australia will be looking to get their best combination for the WC.But the majority of the players that will start in the caribbean are already settled though.
VB will be more fun than CT