• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

sideshowtim

Banned
Hmm...well India should've done it alot easier than that. Don't mean to burst any Indian fans bubble but when the other team sets 125 to win and they themselves have a very poor bowling line up, you really should be chasing that target with more than 4 wickets left in hand at the end.

Not a magnificent start to the tournament for either team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well 1 out of 10 ODI matches help seamers, so yeah in that match I'd have Sreesanth in for Powar I guess. But otherwise, choose 3 of Irfan, Munaf, Ajit and Sreesanth, and then have Harbhajan and Powar.

Kumble is probably gone, and I think that's for the best. Need to keep the man fit for test cricket as long as possible.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
Yea, I agree with you. I'm just saying its not necessarily bad, for the sport and especially for Indian bowlers, if they get a chance or two to have their averages below 40.
They will get choice of women tonight in the palatial harem, Munaf is always a favourite down there with his magnificent locks.

Some say being born an Englishman is winning the life lottery, I think arriving from the womb at Jaipur some rungs up the caste ladder beats it, one will spend time at Oxford or Cambridge regardless.

I'd be overcome with guilt of course, and give all my houses, gold and diamonds to the poor but I would have my share of ladies afore the gentleman in me left to wander the wilderness.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Turbinator said:
After reading the numerous posts so far, I have cometo a conclusion that you English fans just hold too high of expectations for your team. England TBH, really aren't that great of a team, in fact they are utter crap.
Erm, most of us have said that time and time again in recent times - we certainly don't have any high expectations.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia`s latest warm-up was a classic.

First up, the opposition were struggling, so Australia let one of their batsman bat again. He carted Bracken around to the next dimension. :(
Then, the target was revised to 300. Australia couldn`t get there, mainly due to some brilliant bowling by Kulkarni, and Hussey yorking himself off Zaheer.
The Australian bowlers bar Bracken were excellent, and all the batsmen made starts. But, best `til last, McGrath tonked a six. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sideshowtim said:
Some English fans think that the Ashes won't be that hard for their team...
They do?

Where are they then, because it certainly isn't the overall view on here.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sideshowtim said:
England have a very good first pick XI, especially in tests....but other than that....they have really thin stocks.
Is that why we had a shadow team draw a series in India then?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
Well 1 out of 10 ODI matches help seamers, so yeah in that match I'd have Sreesanth in for Powar I guess. But otherwise, choose 3 of Irfan, Munaf, Ajit and Sreesanth, and then have Harbhajan and Powar.
Okay then I am figuring you are picturing a Perth or Durban when mentioning seamers. I was thinking the general pitches which aid faster bowlers more like RSA, AUS or NZL but even in those conditions India would still have 3 seamers playing in the five players so fair point.

sideshowtim

Banned
Nnanden said:
Australia`s latest warm-up was a classic.

First up, the opposition were struggling, so Australia let one of their batsman bat again. He carted Bracken around to the next dimension. :(
Then, the target was revised to 300. Australia couldn`t get there, mainly due to some brilliant bowling by Kulkarni, and Hussey yorking himself off Zaheer.
The Australian bowlers bar Bracken were excellent, and all the batsmen made starts. But, best `til last, McGrath tonked a six. :D
Haha good stuff by our boys. Lee, Hogg, McGrath and Watson bowled well. Just so everyone knows, they were giving them dolly balls at the end of the innings to try and make the total a bit higher to give our guys more experience...not sure why though they ended up revising it to 300!

But good to see Gilly back in the runs and of couse the legend, the one, the only Ricky Ponting hit a 50. Some much needed experience for all of our batsmen there and a good warm-up.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a comprehensive win, however a win is a win. Kudos to Sachin, Yuvraj, Munaf, Pathan, Powar, and Dravid (for his captaincy).

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the easiest part is done for india, now comes the aussies and india's recent bugbear, the windies....

Nishant

International 12th Man
overall a good performance by india. But i was slightly disappointed with the batting. Hopefully we won't stutter like this against the aussies and windies.

sideshowtim

Banned
Nishant said:
overall a good performance by india. But i was slightly disappointed with the batting. Hopefully we won't stutter like this against the aussies and windies.
We will destroy you!

We'll name Johnson in our team and you'll end up forfeiting the match after seeing his name on the sheet citing being "scared ****less". ;)

godofcricket

State 12th Man
I was really dissapointed to see india stutter to a win, i really did think they would walk away with a win!!!! I am supporting india from this group and i feel it might just be a bit harder for them to beat Windies if gayle gives them a rocking start, Australia ofcourse is the biggest challenge.