• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
Right now I genuinely think that we'd get turned over in an ODI series in Bangladesh.
When is the next England vs Bangladesh series coming up? I can't wait

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:
If we played the same XI every game, we`d be screwed, due to fatigue. But even when new players come in, they still want to win more than the opposition. It`s just something instilled in Australian sporting culture.

The English won the Ashes partly due to their wanting it more than Australia. They were willing to apply themselves and worked harder. In cricket, and more generally, in sport, I feel England don`t care enough.

Random example, but - the Australian soccer team. Far from the most talented lot, but boy do they want to win, and will bust their gut to do so.

Fire the hell up.
We'd be fatigued for the next series, I agree, but every modern cricketer could play a whole one day series, even dashing Darren Lehmann could.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
LOL at the fireworks. Typical Boycott when he says 'it is good for the batsmen. Umpires won't hear any nicks." :D I would have thought it would affect the concentration of the batsmen if any thing!

Dravid

International Captain
Pratyush said:
LOL at the fireworks. Typical Boycott when he says 'it is good for the batsmen. Umpires won't hear any nicks." :D I would think it would affect the concentration of the batsmen!
LOL, Dravid goes back facing three balls. 72-3

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
"I hope the guy who pressed the buttons of the fireworks by mistake isn't in charge of the nuclear bomb." Again, Boycott.

sideshowtim

Banned
Bad way to start the tournament. I thought this match was going be a contest of 2 huge totals due to the general nature of Indian pitches but I was quite wrong.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
That's exactly how it is. There's no point in England trying all out to win everything, they'll just end up having a load of broken players and winning nothing. It's just not physically possible for England to win most things because they don't have the depth to cover the inevitable injuries. They have to prioritise, ODIs are at the bottom of that list and rightly so.

I agree that ODI should be at the bottom. But, do people actually care for most series not involving Australia in England? I ask this seriously, because I don't know.

How much excitement is there when England win or lose a test series not involving Australia?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
How much excitement is there when England win or lose a test series not involving Australia?
I get excited, but with the vast majority of the nation being association football mad, they don't really care.