• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final predictions - Eng v WI

Barney Rubble

International Coach
England to win by 80 runs or 6 wickets - this team are on one hell of a high.

Eng bat first, 274-6, Flintoff 87, Jones 52*, Solanki 50, Gayle 3-47.
WI 194ao, Bravo 64, Flintoff 4-27, Wharf 3-41.

Or alternatively....

WI bat first, 241-8, Powell 71*, R Hinds 51*, Harmison 5-33, Flintoff 3-44
Eng 243-4, Flintoff 78*, Solanki 81, Vaughan 57, Gayle 2-40.

Just letting my imagination wander a bit...... :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I'll pedict exactly the same thing as I did for the Australia match(it's gotta be lucky! :D )

England to win
Vaughan scores matchwinning century

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Solanki 81
Barney Rubble said:
Just letting my imagination wander a bit...... :D
Candidate for understatement of the year

I think England will win easily if they bat second, if England bat first I think it'll be close for a while then England will polish them off quickly in the latter overs to secure victory. It does help WI slightly that they've already played at the ground in this tournament, dunno if they're gonna use the same wicket but both teams I'd expect to get 200+.

Scaly piscine

Langeveldt said:
I will eat a cricket ball if Solanki hits over 40
I seem to recall Solanki hitting 50 against SA in a Natwest final...

Edit: Oh dear and he got his century against them too

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'll rephrase to "letting my imagination voyage a long, long way away into uncharted territory not yet discovered by man" - that's more like it! :D

Ah, what the hell, while I'm at it - Flintoff to score the first ever ODI double century, 214* off 110 balls, 21x4, 13x6, WI all out for 7, Gough 3-2, Harmison 7-1 with 4 byes, Eng win by about 300 runs........

Ok that's just crazy, I'll stop now. :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
WI all out for 7, Gough 3-2, Harmison 7-1 with 4 byes, Eng win by about 300 runs
Bah! Jones... sorry excuse for a 'keeper. :p

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope the pitch for the final at Edgbaston will be a fair one and not one that gives a huge advantage to the Team that wins the toss. (Having said that both teams that won the toss in Semi's have lost).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Two, England won the toss against Australia.
Easy mistake to make though. It's Vaughan after all.

I remember in the Caribbean ODIs when they mentioned that the team batting 2nd had won all times and asked him if he won the toss, what would he do. He replied something to the effect of "The opposite of what Lara chooses to do I guess". :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
2 points.

One, isn't the final at The Oval?
Two, England won the toss against Australia.
Sorry, Looked at the Scedule on cricinfo in a hurry and misread the venue!
Totally forgot about the toss Vaughan won. :D

Son Of Coco

luckyeddie said:
Lara to get a bump on the other side of his head
naaah, good batsmen aren't worried by the short ball remember! haha .....................at least not twice :mellow: