Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The FINAL--> Westindies VS England

International Coach biased indian's Avatar

The FINAL--> Westindies VS England

i dont think paksitan can come back from this position

so the first concern for me is will brian lara be fit for the final
    any news on his injury
    Last edited by biased indian; 22-09-2004 at 08:57 AM.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

I'm so glad that in both semis the underdog came out on top. That's just good for cricket on a whole.

Regarding Lara, Akhtar may be one of my favourite bowlers, but damn him to hell for hurting Lara I hope he gets fit, because if WI want to beat England they need their best team out there, and obviously the great Lara is part of that team.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Whoever wins the toss and chases will win... unless the pitch is Lordsesque from the Natwest Series.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    I certainly hope that the toss isn't influential in the end result, but you never know at this time of the year.

Lara'll be OK, I'm sure - might have a headache for a day or two but he'll be physically ok to face England on Saturday.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Regarding Lara, Akhtar may be one of my favourite bowlers, but damn him to hell for hurting Lara
    Lara's fault for not getting out of the way - and there's a big guy who will be doing his damnedest to make him jump around on Saturday too (and another big guy who will be trying to bowl him round his legs).

Incidentally, Lara's one of my favourite batsmen too, but I hope he gets 0

International Debutant
    congrads to both ENG & WIN for making it thru to the final................

watched ENG beat AUS last night but don't know what happened to PAK today - so I'd say that ENG would go into the final as favorites despite their not making it to the Tri-series final.................

this final can only be good for intnl cricket so far as AUS & PAK NOT making it thru...........as both ENG & WIN are due some success.............

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    60-40 England for me. If McGrath, Gillespie and Kasprowicz can't get them out, I struggle to see how Collymore (the only one at their level IMO), Bradshaw and Bravo can - but then again, they just did it three months ago.

(Halsey to say it's 110-negative 10 England in 5...4...3...)
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    60-40 England for me. If McGrath, Gillespie and Kasprowicz can't get them out, I struggle to see how Collymore (the only one at their level IMO), Bradshaw and Bravo can - but then again, they just did it three months ago.

(Halsey to say it's 110-negative 10 England in 5...4...3...)
    If Collymore bowled like he did today, he'll take wickets.
    If Bravo bowls like he has almost all year, he'll take wickets.
    Bradshaw's job isn't to take wickets as far as I'm concerned.
    If Gayle bowls like he typically does, he'll take wickets.
    If Dillon is fully fit and plays, he may take wickets. I didn't see his Bangladesh demolition and haven't seen him bowl since Eng/WI in the Caribbean earlier this year, so I don't know what sort of form he's in.
    If the West Indies field like they have against South Africa and Pakistan, they'll take wickets.

Many many ifs.

Basically I'd say that if the West Indies play like they have in the Champions Trophy so far, they likely will win. They've shown enthusiasm, guts and pure talent, which is so refreshing because it's only been 1 of the 3 in the past. I'm not saying that they've 'turned the corner', as I am well aware of the problems at the basic level of West Indies cricket, but I do think that people should give them more credit than they've gotten so far. At the moment the West Indies are playing better than I've seen them play over a series of matches since Pakistan and Zimbabwe toured the Caribbean in 2000.

I'm not even going to THINK about analysing the likely outcomes. Two sides who undoubtedly could put on a feast on saturday equally could serve up meagre fare.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    West indies have a much better chance of beating England than they do Australia.Thankfully it worked out like this.The result may well come down to the toss.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64
    West indies have a much better chance of beating England than they do Australia.Thankfully it worked out like this.The result may well come down to the toss.
    I hope the result will not be influenced one iota by the toss.

Excellent weather forecast for this weekend, 19 degrees (not bad for this time of year) - and they've already (I hope) got the steam-roller on the wicket to ensure it's like concrete, lightning quick and as bouncy as hell.

(It'll be a slow pudding in reality on a freezing, overcast morning, where the toss is everything)

I will be barracking for the Windies!! I am pleased that the final is Eng v WI , as both teams are capable of beating the other on the day.

I want Windies to win because that will give their players something to be proud of after all the fierce criticism they have faced from players past and present (either justified or not).

It can only increase the confidence of players who have been poised to perform better in the past but failed to deliver. May be this is the turn around and may be after all, they will come good!!

It will also give those magnificent island nations that make up this unique Team confidence and enthuse them in looking ahead to the Caribbean Cricket Carnival - World Cup 2007.
    Last edited by JASON; 22-09-2004 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Lara's fault for not getting out of the way - and there's a big guy who will be doing his damnedest to make him jump around on Saturday too (and another big guy who will be trying to bowl him round his legs).

Incidentally, Lara's one of my favourite batsmen too, but I hope he gets 0
    I wasn't actually blaming Akhtar. It's like going "Damn McGrath for getting Sachin". Maybe that wasn't clear.

Anyway, I'm hoping the Windies can somehow come out on top in this match. It'll be a big boost for cricket over there

International Vice-Captain SupaFreak2005's Avatar
    I will try to be as positive as possible... please do not take me seriously.
    My prediction is...
    WI WILL DEFINITELY WIN!!!!
    Padi ag ofin ton fach unig Sua, sua ar lan y mor Huna blentyn nid oes yma Ddim i roddi iti fraw

International Debutant Waughney's Avatar
    Outback Aus. Answer's yes, the middle of nowhere
    England by 6 wickets.
    Member of MSC - Murali Supporters Club

I'm not too dissimilar a batsman to Bradman.
    Both of us have batting averages below 100.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information