• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs. Australia, 21st Sept

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
Sorry Coco, this time I'm on Richard's side, whilst usually I agree that when Gilchrist hammers it out of the middle of his bat, it really can't go down to 'luck', it is more 'lucky' if the player catches it! However, this time it didn't come off the middle, it was off the edge, and Gilly wasn't reall going after it. It was a regulation slips catch, rocket or not, and IMO should have been taken.
Fair enough, but I was referring more to the fact that it will only strengthen the resolve that Gilchrist is one of the luckiest batsmen around (along with the other two) when apparently luck can get you a decent average and a great number of wickets over quite a few years (well, in McGrath's case anyway).

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I'd say not likely. Remember its late evening in Australia Coco.

Haha, can I call you that?!

Son Of Coco

Linda said:
I'd say not likely. Remember its late evening in Australia Coco.

Haha, can I call you that?!
haha, yeah that's fine.

Well, if you guys haven't got the ticker to go on with it into the early hours of the morning in the hunt for a record then I guess I'll have to take the burden on my shoulders and press ahead alone.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm glad to see that the ground is nearly empty.

40 quid for a ticket? They got the gate they deserved.

Son Of Coco

Son Of Coco said:
Fair enough, but I was referring more to the fact that it will only strengthen the resolve that Gilchrist is one of the luckiest batsmen around (along with the other two) when apparently luck can get you a decent average and a great number of wickets over quite a few years (well, in McGrath's case anyway).
But I possibly shouldn't have brought that up here! It'll only kick off the whole argument again, and there's a game going on!

I'm glad they brought Gough back on.....

Mister Wright

Scaly piscine said:
Gough being entirely useless so far

HaHa. Speak too soon. Gilly Caught trying to cut a ball that almost hit him on the backside. Trescothick this time takes the catch.

At least Gilchrist's 2nd chance average won't be inflated. :blink:

Son Of Coco

luckyeddie said:
I take back everything I said - especially when I discovered that it was Richard I ended up defending :D
hahaha, just have a little lay down and it'll stop the head from spinning. I can understand your anguish!

Son Of Coco

Mister Wright said:
HaHa. Speak too soon. Gilly Caught trying to cut a ball that almost hit him on the backside. Trescothick this time takes the catch.

At least Gilchrist's 2nd chance average won't be inflated. :blink:
Dammit, had a feeling I might have jinxed us..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
Personaly I think Gilly intimidates feilding teams..
There's been a few 'You did, Oscar - you did' statements this morning. Keep it up, guys.

Anyone want to praise Ponting or Martyn in the next few minutes? (he said, trying carefully not to un-hex the hexing)

Son Of Coco

Linda said:
Now the game really begins. The shining star of the Aussie team.
haha, Linda! I had a feeling we might hear from you again soon. So who's your favourite player then? :p