• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs. Australia, 21st Sept

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to cricinfo Aussies have dropped Clarke & Watson for Harvey & Lee, figured they'd have to do something about their lack of 4th/5th bowler

Edit: Another page on cricinfo says Clarke is playing and Harvey aint... hmm

Edit 2: The latter is correct

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
England have won the toss and field. Which means they have now got a chance to win this. I feel had Australia won the toss, England wouldn't have had a chance at all.

Andre

International Regular
Freddie to be out under 20.

Solanki and Strauss both knicking outside off to McGrath.

Gillespie to get Trescothick.

Vaughan LBW Kasprowicz.

That's my guesses for they day :D

Son Of Coco

I have to 'watch' it on the crickinfo updates, a bit of a pain in the butt, but better than nothing I suppose. I almost became overly optimistic and turned on the TV to see if it was on, because an Eng vs Aust cricket match is guaranteed to make Swedish TV! haha

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I am doing the same.
During those first couple of runs, I always get a fright when I look at the back to front score in the minimised window..:p

Mister Wright

Haha! I have foxsports active. England haven't bowled badly, but Australia are still 0-31 after 6. Gilchrist has been the more shakey of the two batsman. Hayden stolled down the pitch and creamed Gough over Square-Leg for 6. Flintoff on now.

Son Of Coco

Linda said:
I am doing the same.
During those first couple of runs, I always get a fright when I look at the back to front score in the minimised window..:p
hahaha, yeah when i connected to the site I went 'WHAT? 1 for 0??' haha

Son Of Coco

According to this, there seems to be quite a few short balls being bowled. Is there much in the wicket as far as movement goes? (In which case it may be suggesting the English are bowling a little shorter than they should)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Son Of Coco said:
I have to 'watch' it on the crickinfo updates, a bit of a pain in the butt, but better than nothing I suppose. I almost became overly optimistic and turned on the TV to see if it was on, because an Eng vs Aust cricket match is guaranteed to make Swedish TV! haha
hahah yea i am doing the same... pretty lame eh! thats what happens when you dont have cable i guess. go the aussies!!

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
According to this, there seems to be quite a few short balls being bowled. Is there much in the wicket as far as movement goes? (In which case it may be suggesting the English are bowling a little shorter than they should)
Harmisson naturally bowls short anyway, I think it was a plan to bowl to both short. They have a packed gully area, couple os slips and a 3rd man, as well as a mid-wicket, square leg and fine-leg, so there looks to be a definate plan to bowl short.

There does not look to be any movement whatsoever, however there is a strong breeze.

Mister Wright

Hayden caught driving off the first ball that Harmison got in a good area, caught at second slip by Trescothick. Hayden neither forward, nor back, gone for 17.

Son Of Coco

luckyeddie said:
Backward people from an upside-down world - a bit like '87' instead of '13'.
haha, well at least we get to score 74 more runs before we come to our unlucky number! If it's 13 you're just setting yourself up for disaster!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
Harmison has tried to set Hayden and Gilchrist up with the short stuff - and got Hayden with the 'sucker ball'.

Richard to say 'luck' in 5....4....3....