• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs. Australia, 21st Sept

Rich2001

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Can't believe any sport can get away with charging £40 a ticket. That's just over NZ$108, and that's insane.
It's only because it's a Semi Final mate, all the group games prices were topped at £25 (I went to the Aus v NZ game), all Semi Final and Final tickets are £35 or £40.

At the end of the day to get tickets to a major competition £35 isn't much at all, just look at the price of football tickets these days!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Glad I don't go to football matches, then. Ah, it's just the population I guess, the UK sports groups can get away with it because you have people to fill the stadiums at least half way even at that price!

Still, so long as I can watch it on the telly, I'm always game. I've a habit of going for the team that the odds are against after the first innings, so I'd probably have been more on England's side had I been home to see it. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich2001 said:
It's only because it's a Semi Final mate, all the group games prices were topped at £25 (I went to the Aus v NZ game), all Semi Final and Final tickets are £35 or £40.

At the end of the day to get tickets to a major competition £35 isn't much at all, just look at the price of football tickets these days!
Basic economics (albeit with the benefit of hindsight) indicate that they priced themselves out of the market. How many were there - 4,000, 5,000 tops?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rich2001 said:

I think it's quite a bit if you're from anywhere other than the UK.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Not Really. 35 bucks are cheap IMO. Consider this, when was the last time England reached in the finals of a tournament this big, 1992 World Cup. I wouldn't mind paying £100 for such an event.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Wow ! this is wonderful. Someone thrashes the Aussies. :p :p congrats to the English team and fans for beating the old foe. i will love reading the Aussie papers this morning.

Now, WI should win the other match and thrash the English in the final, that would be the icing on the cake. :naughty: :naughty:

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie_beater said:
Now, WI should win the other match and thrash the English in the final, that would be the icing on the cake. :naughty: :naughty:
I wouldn't be surprised, given the fickle nature of both sides.

Sehwag309

Banned
Genuine Congrats to England. Superb game and IMO M.Vaughan was just a different player in the game

Nothing against the Auzzie, just glad to see someone challenging the WC in this style

I was wondering if any other fast bowler instead of Mcgrath could have made a lotta difference.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
A prezzie to my Aussie fans, from Devil Ducky...

<quack>

I fell asleep once in the crowd,
The play that day devoid of thrills,
When all at once, though head be bowed,
I saw an Aussie munching pills.
I can't be sure with eyes like these
But mark my words - they weren't dried peas.

A telephone rang in my mind -
The pitch report was on the way.
If overheard, he could be fined
Or worse - be not allowed to play.
But no, the talk was of romance -
'Tossing', a word I heard, perchance?

"Can't bowl, can't throw" I heard that day
As clear as ought, it seemed to me.
Scott Muller on my mind did prey -
Did Warney say those things of he?
I can't agree with words like that
For Muller also cannot bat.

I woke - the rain poured from the sky.
The umpires both, in pensive mood
Said "Let's go off - the end is nigh
For lunch is due. Let's have some food."
What happened to Shane's weather skills?
At least it helps the daffodils.

Devilliam Duckworth

I wonder what difference HE might have made?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Beautiful!
It is beautiful even if I have to eat my own words. :laugh:

Afterall this aussie team has given us some thrashing in last 15 months. It feels great to see them get beaten for once. :laugh:

Legglancer

State Regular
Oh Captain My Captain ....... you finally came to the party .... What a diffrence a day makes !!!! Memories of Zoyza's loaded granades have been banished !!!

I hope people at least now let Vaughn play his own game ..... he is an absolutly quality player who doesnt need additional unnecessary pressure from the gallary.!

Sehwag309

Banned
Sanz said:
It is beautiful even if I have to eat my own words. :laugh:

Afterall this aussie team has given us some thrashing in last 15 months. It feels great to see them get beaten for once. :laugh:
....and who better than england to do it

steds

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
Vaughan makes runs and england win :o wonder what the odds of that one were before tha game
I never doubted that Vaughan would/could/should(erase as appropriate) score runs, but England winning?!?!?! To say that seriously before the match, you'd have had to be poppin pills