• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs. Australia, 21st Sept

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
Tresco should have gone. it was plumb, lets hope he capitalises on it. Dont think he will though
Not plumb at all - ball would have probably flicked the top of off stump, although that's the shape of ball which did for Solanki.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Not plumb at all - ball would have probably flicked the top of off stump, although that's the shape of ball which did for Solanki.
Well from my first look from both decisions i thought the Tresco one was one and the Solanki one wasn't but i guess thats why i'm not an umpire :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has the weather clouded over obligingly or something? Ball seems to have done more in these opening overs than it did in the entire Australia innings

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Has the weather clouded over obligingly or something? Ball seems to have done more in these opening overs than it did in the entire Australia innings
Yes - leaden skies now.

Son Of Coco

Scaly piscine said:
Figures, England shafted by the elements again
but if you just keep that positive frame of mind things might come good :p

(I didn't think they looked too bad yet!?)

Scaly piscine

Son Of Coco said:
but if you just keep that positive frame of mind things might come good :p

(I didn't think they looked too bad yet!?)
I didn't say they'd automatically lose because of them, just it's not really the same for both teams and England have got the rough end AGAIN like they did against Sri Lanka.

Son Of Coco

Scaly piscine said:
I didn't say they'd automatically lose because of them, just it's not really the same for both teams and England have got the rough end AGAIN like they did against Sri Lanka.
It won't make an immediate difference to how the wicket plays, might help a bowler if he swings it a bit, but that's about all. It's rarely the same for both teams, your comment just sounded like an early excuse/whinge, which after the last over seems unwarranted! haha

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
I think Scally's hibernated.
No no. This is a tactical ploy before he gives the ball to the almighty Michael Clarke who will run through the overconfident England team like a knife through butter and get 9 for 0. :happy: