• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs. Australia, 21st Sept

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'm going to be the first one to call England on this one - Flintoff 70+ and 3+ wickets, Trescothick 50+, Wharf 3+ wickets, with Hayden hitting 80+ in vain for Aus but it's not enough - Eng to win by 30 runs or 4 wickets roughly.

I'm now going to get slated......lol :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
After the last Ashes tour, I'm backing Vaughan to score a match winning century

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Vaughan to lose the toss, England bowled out for 180, Aussies knock em off 4 down.

Hoping for better but i cant see it

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
All of England's achievements in the past 2 years, will pale into insignificance if England win against the best Team in the world at home in their own backyard.

This is also the big Test for Harmison (and Freddie) against the best team in the world. To prove the doubters wrong. :p

Unfortunately an inner voice tells me this will be the Test where England is going to come up short !! :laughing:

They have to pull out some thing like in the Rugby World Cup (also against Australia winning in the last minute of extra time) - May be Freddie doing a Johnny Wilkinson and hitting the last ball for a six !! :laughing:

Craig

World Traveller
Read an interesting article in today's paper, about John Buchanan claiming Andrew Flintoff will not have it so easy against Australia.

Buchanan went on to say that Flintoff has enjoyed a brilliant run of form without coming up against an attack as strong as Australia's.

John Buchanan said:
"I've not seen other teams able to assert constant pressure on him," said Buchanan.
"Sri Lanka dropped him early and he was allowed to play himself in.
"He's a hard batsman to bowl to but we will bowl better to him. If he does get a hundred he certainly earned it. Don''t expect him to bat with as much freedom in the past."
SOURCE: Gold Coast Bulletin Monday September 20 2004.

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
England will have to be at their absolute best and then have some luck in order to beat Australia. Aussies aren't the cream of the crop for no reason.

But at the very least, if Harmison and Flintoff are on top of their game, they could certainly give Australia a good run for their money.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
How many of the last 30 ODI's has England beated Australia in.... i dont see a real reason for England to change the trend, Flintoff can only win so many games for them himself

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
JASON said:
All of England's achievements in the past 2 years, will pale into insignificance if England win against the best Team in the world at home in their own backyard.
In a one-day lottery? Rubbish.

skeewee

Cricket Spectator
Like Wilkinson in the World cup rugby final, Flintoff will have the final say in this epic straight between two of the teams with the most history in cricket aainst each other, Australia, had a big shock against the black caps, which shows that they can be knocked over easily if your playing with a plan for each batter... But at the end of the day as a South African I WANT to see the English beat the hell out of the Aussies, but as a cricket fan I must say the Aussies will be victors at the end of the day

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Read an interesting article in today's paper, about John Buchanan claiming Andrew Flintoff will not have it so easy against Australia.

Buchanan went on to say that Flintoff has enjoyed a brilliant run of form without coming up against an attack as strong as Australia's.

SOURCE: Gold Coast Bulletin Monday September 20 2004.
So John Buchanan's frightened too, is he?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
I'd be too if I only had 3 decent bowlers available against Mr. Flintoff
I suppose I'll have to describe the others as 'Vegemite' as opposed to the more conventional* 'Marmite' bowlers.

*It will be the convention by the time I'm finished with it