• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sep 19Th The day has arrieved

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
200 is a good fightback - the thing is it needs to be taken in context.

That said, Pakistan are beginning to take the front foot again at the moment.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
awesome batting by youhana. hes getting boundaries at will.

Marc, what do I do to join da society ??

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
This match has been interesting so far. Every time I watch Pak team play they start sucking. When I first started watching today, IND were 87/5, and then no wickets for a while. Then after I started watching Pak batting it was 10/2 when I turned it off, so they got better. I'm gonna do Pakistani team a favor and stop watching. :p

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
awwwe is Ganguly missing a bowler or two ??? but how does one choose b/t gavaskar or an extra bowler, such a tough decision!!!!! :D

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Damn you Afridi :(

In two shots, Afridi has pretty much sank any hope of an Indian win.

Bouncer

State Regular
well what can i say, the team that wins more often in India Pak cricket------has won yet once again. :D :D

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Well. Congrats to Pakistan on an excellent win in a very interesting match.The best match of the tournament so far.

India's batting let it down. The fielding and bowling did a valiant effort but 200 was always a modest score to defend. Also those misfields towards the end didn't help. But an excellent innings from Youhana. He knew the wicket was tough to bat on and he just kept his cool. Afridi did his job towards the end by hitting Pathan for those 2 sixes. If Pathan had got an upper hand at that point in time, things would have got tricky for Pakistan and who's better then Afridi to hit some blows and the young Pathan lost the plot, but I still feel that Ganguly did a blunder in not bowling Pathan in the 48th over when Afridi was gone and Hasan was on strike.There was no way India could have contained Pakistan and the only way was to get wickets and Pathan could have very well done the job at that point.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great victory for Pakistan, and a tremendous knock by Youhana. Match winning performance. Disappointing that its India's batting that's letting them down recently, as Ganguly said after the match, you can't expect to win when the batting isn't even getting more than 250 on the board.

A few things I think needs a mention. Okay so Shahid Afridi smashed Pathan in his second spell, but when Afridi went out, and Pathan had an over left why in the hell didn't they bowl him out? Hasan was on strike, and all it needed was one good yorker and the game could of completely changed. I think that was bad captaincy, I was sitting there wondering why Pathan wasn't bowling, and I thought that maybe I counted his overs incorrectly and he had bowled his 10 overs. Turns out he hadn't.

Secondly, Ganguly's mistake of not backing up was shocking. When there's a few balls left there is no excuse for stuff like that. It was game over once that happened.

Big win for Pakistan, they take on the Windies next in what should be a good game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dravid accidentally bumped into Akhtar when he was running, and Akhtar wasn't happy at all. I don't think it was anything more than that, but they exchanged some words so good old Inzi stepped in between them.

Yasir_194

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan Zindabaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Yasir_194 said:
Pakistan Zindabaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
errm...yeah, my thoughts exactly :huh:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
WOW!! What a nail-biter!! Pakistan wins, just barely. I am so happy, I cannot begn to decribe my state of happiness. Pathan destroyed Pakistan's batting and made me lose all hope, but thanks to the Inzi-Youhana (41.91 ave) :-O partnership, Pak team was able to make a comeback. And man!! those two sixes by Afridi turned the game around, I was watching in disbelief when I realized Pathan was the one bowling!!

In the end, great job Indians, and Pakistan Zindabad!!

Next target: West Indies!!!

biased indian

International Coach
The best game of the Tournament so far :)
Disapponting to loose such a good tight game :huh:
but youhana played a wonderful inngs

Swervy

International Captain
Jono said:
Dravid accidentally bumped into Akhtar when he was running, and Akhtar wasn't happy at all. I don't think it was anything more than that, but they exchanged some words so good old Inzi stepped in between them.
The way i saw it was that Dravid wasnt too happy...no matter, no damage done

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Congratulations to Pakistan on pulling out another India-Pak nail-biter. Once again, they prove that they are the better team under pressure. Great job by Youhana. I underestimated Afridi but his sixes really turned the match and completely broke my heart.

But Indian batsmen need to take the blame for not scoring enough runs. You can't expect to win a knock out match scoring just 200.