Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: England Will Win

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Vs. WI it's still 3-3 in the last 7 games - plus one washout that SA were on track to win.
    Another clear example that you didn't see the game. Ask Kallis if South Africa was 'on track' to win that game. South Africa was batting under lights on a minefield of a pitch with the ball moving at inhuman angles and Dillon bowling well. South Africa could easily have fallen away to defeat as the game was still very much open given the conditions.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    It was you? Oh, right - good guess, then!
    I was presuming it was patriotic optimism on Liam's part.
    I expected the West Indies to make the semifinal and possibly the final, but I expected they'd collapse terribly somewhere along the way, thus losing it. They did collapse terribly, but they still won.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Another clear example that you didn't see the game. Ask Kallis if South Africa was 'on track' to win that game. South Africa was batting under lights on a minefield of a pitch with the ball moving at inhuman angles and Dillon bowling well. South Africa could easily have fallen away to defeat as the game was still very much open given the conditions.
    I did see the game (well, all of it that lasted, anyway). Yes, Dillon was looking pretty good and the pitch wasn't playing very well, but we can really expect the might of Hurley and co. to take advantage of that, can't we. I would have been most surprised had South Africa not won that game.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    It wasn't a guess, I actually analysed it and explained why.

I also did it before the event, rather than posting with the benefit of hindsight...
    Hmm... and anyone could have a decent stab at analysing and explaining why any of the big 8 could have won the thing, and end-up being proven right.
    Any chance of a link to this? 'T'would presumably make an interesting read with hindsight.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    20th August - official Tour Thread
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

What? This?
    *Official* West Indies In England Thread
    Or this?
    *Official* West Indies In England Thread
    I was expecting a grandiose essay on the merits of West Indian one-day-cricket and why they had such a great chance in the ICCCT2004 - not a "I'd say those are good odds" or "they're not a bad bet"!
    Last edited by Richard; 08-10-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I believe I added comments about said bet and justifying it, but can't remember where they'd have been.

I'll have a look.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information