• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WI v Bangladesh

FRAZ

International Captain
Yup Good show and kenya going well too AGAINST PAK .
You know what After this match ,I am getting a feeling that World cup performance AGAINST SA is gonna be repeated again . I hope so

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
From what I've seen so far (only watched upto 30 over mark) Windies are looking a bit rusty... going for the big shots but not getting them away - especially Gayle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well yet another shoddy fielding performance from Bangladesh against West Indies - what is it about West Indies that makes Bangladesh's fielding go from OK to stupidly poor.
Good for Hinds to get a score against his name. Still don't think he's an opener, though. Much better at three.
Gayle gets another ODI 99... I bet he'd take that if he was offered it every innings, let's say it again.
Shame about the Lara run-out, I was enjoying that. Not that Shiv embarrased himself.
Bradshaw and Merv knock the stuffing out of top-order. Good to see Merv back, two pearlers to Javed and Rajin, even if he has been a bit all-over-the-place by his standards. Bradshaw immaculate as ever.
What an appalling shot from Iqbal. That should put paid to the "he's something special" brigade for a bit. :) If only Van Jaarsveld had caught that we'd never have heard the rubbish ITFP.
Hopefully we might see Dillon bowling a good spell from now.
And maybe we might see something about Sammy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What an extraordinary start from Bravo!
The biggest wide I've ever seen at this level, then a ball that spits and hits the shoulder!
Good decision Aleem.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
What an extraordinary start from Bravo!
The biggest wide I've ever seen at this level, then a ball that spits and hits the shoulder!
Good decision Aleem.
The Aleem Dar decision was exceptional.

The Bravo wide was caused by him hitting the wicket with his bowling hand, I reckon. Good stop by second slip, though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh.
Personally I'd thought it was an extraordinary take by Courtney.
Evidently I was mistaken.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Oh.
Personally I'd thought it was an extraordinary take by Courtney.
Evidently I was mistaken.
Might well have been - but in front of second slip. Just emphasising the width.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And Bradshaw manages to go for four off the last balls of his 10th and 8th overs. :@ :frusty:
So instead of 10-17-1 he gets 10-25-1.
Still wouldn't complain at the set he's ended with, but just an example of those little things that together make big things go wrong.
Even the best of West Indies' bowlers can't get that relentlessness that's so vital in all the best players.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
from_da_lost_di said:
WI kicking some serious ass !!
wow ... been a long time since i have seen that happening !! :)
Indeed.

The medium-fast bowling answer to Terry Thomas has been an absolute revelation - but Merv has been so before. Lets hope he doesn't rest on his laurels as he has done so often in the past, and finally becomes an integral part of the West Indian attack for more than 2 or 3 matches on the trot. God knows, he's got the talent.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bradshaw is as solid as they come, but the big congrats is to Mervyn Dillon. His 3rd 5-wicket take at ODI level and career-best figures. It's good to see him finally getting some reward for good bowling.

eddy

Cricket Spectator
haah but the west indies are crap........u guna get knocked out soooo fast. u will only beat useless teams :D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh still look miles off the pace. The West Indies are only 2 places above them yet they get hammered...there's a huge gulf.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
Bangladesh still look miles off the pace. The West Indies are only 2 places above them yet they get hammered...there's a huge gulf.
Yet a few months ago they pushed the West Indies all the way in both ODI's and tests.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but I also think the Windies have improved over the last month in ODI's anyway.
It's easy for sides to take Bangladesh lightly at home..NZ did the same thing I can recall.

You'd think after 5 years as a test nation they could do a little better than being regulary bowled out for 100 odd & conceding more than 250 runs.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
Yeah but I also think the Windies have improved over the last month in ODI's anyway.
It's easy for sides to take Bangladesh lightly at home..NZ did the same thing I can recall.

You'd think after 5 years as a test nation they could do a little better than being regulary bowled out for 100 odd & conceding more than 250 runs.
Very true.

It's interesting to note that (I believe) there's only ever been one ODI ton by a Bangladeshi batsman - in 95 attempts.

Dav Whatmore must have been pulling what little hair remains today - it seems they only bat from 7 down.