• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Vs Australia......

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
sheerindianspeed said:
Those you blamed JUST the umpires are fools, i blamed both the Pak team and the umpires for it.The way Sheppard gave Inzi and Youhanna out was pathetic, one can't always say that bad decisions are part and parcel of the game and let such umpires go scott free without any criticism.
The problem is, if people like you had your way, there would be no umpires left in 6 months.

Go on - put it to the test. Name any umpire on the international panel and I will try to find you a quote from this site where a member has accused the umpire of being blind, biased or bribed.

Swervy said:
mmmm...is the implication here that Indias bowlers are better than Pakistan's.

Interesting theory I guess :D

I wasn't trying to say that, there are already enough threads with such topics, don't want this one to end like that.

Its just that the way Akhter is bowling (at half pace, and reports of him Pakbeing unfit) i don't think Pak team would be able to pose any major threat to Aus batsmen

luckyeddie said:
The problem is, if people like you had your way, there would be no umpires left in 6 months.

Go on - put it to the test. Name any umpire on the international panel and I will try to find you a quote from this site where a member has accused the umpire of being blind, biased or bribed.

I didn't say that so i don't want to hear such rubbish.

Everyone should be accountable, if nothing is done about it then uglier things can happen on field.

Swervy

International Captain
sheerindianspeed said:
I didn't say that so i don't want to hear such rubbish.

Everyone should be accountable, if nothing is done about it then uglier things can happen on field.
what like..Rikki Clarke?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Dar said:
One thing i forgot to mention was that if i was a NZ fan i would be so pi$$ed off that Bucknor didn't give Hayden out first ball from Mills when he was plumb. Bucknor was happy enough to put his finger up when it was Astle and Marshall, both decision i thought were correct but the fact he gave the benefit of doubt to the bowler and then with Hayden he refused is frustrating
Now You know why New Zealanders get fair play awards!! :D They are not whingers and they won't waste time complaining about umpiring that went against them, particularly when the victory is also so comprehensive!! :mellow:

Some of the other teams and their fans who spend months to years complaining of decisions that went against them and costing the game etc. could learn a lot from Fleming and NZ team and their fans!! :clapping: :thumbup:

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
I think its unfair to say new zealand had no chance..

Australia is the best team in the world by far.. no doubt.. i still think that *if* new zealand had won that game we would have won the tourny..

If NZL were going to get beaten .. it was going to be from aussie.. thats rather obvious

That was our first ODI loss in a long long time... so to say "We had no chance" is a bit stupid.. if any team was going to beat aussie it was new zealand based on the last year of cricket.

We got outplayed and had a bad day.. simple as that..

telsor

U19 12th Man
luckyeddie said:
No, there would be a lot *more* umpires, and cricket would die from it.

Each devision would have to be reviewed by (at least?) 3 video umpires.

ODI's would be down to 40 overs a side due to the extra time this would require, tests probably 75 overs/day.

Of course, there would still be complaints.

anzac

International Debutant
didn't get away from work until 0445 this morning so I've not seen anything about the match - until I saw the news at 0600...............

congrads AUS on a very professional performance - right from the toss & throughout the match - a very well deserved victory which should give them the strong foundation to go all the way now...............speaking in terms of ther history of early tourneyment jitters..........

my only criticism would be they failed to restrict the NZL lower order & let the get out to a good 50+ runs more than they should have - could possible have been fatal against a stronger bowling attack.............

in a funny old trans-tasman way I'm actually pleased to see McGrath coming back from injury & taking wickets - he got quite a bit of stick from the local media re his less than impressive comeback v SRL..............

I'm also stoked to see Kasper is finally getting the recognition & run in the side he has deserved - my pick for 'comeback king' & AUS 'bowler of the year' by streets - even moreso than Warne's comeback feats...........

Symonds is putting together an impressive run of innings showing how far his batting has come - a pity (or a blessing) that he has been unable to translate this to the longer game - perhaps if he got another chance on pitches that did not turn as much as the SRL series...........

anzac

International Debutant
so far as the NZL performance is concerned a typical boom or bust scenario - not just re our games v AUS, but also re player performances as well..........

I hope this loss (or more importantly it's manner) will do some good for the selectors & show them just how far we still have to go - something like our run in the Test series that was ended by PAK in NZL.............

sure there were some questions over some LBWs (both for & against) that came at crucial times - but the reality is that the batsmen did NOT show the proper application at the crease to build partnerships.............

this is more frustrating when you consider that playing conditions in ENG are supposedly the closest thing we see to domestic type conditions when we travel..........same criticism can be said of the recent test series loss.............not only of the batsmen but of the bowling attack as well........

too much emphasis placed upon the likes of Fleming & Astle to get the innings underway - if they loose them in the 1st 15 overs then neither Marshall nor Styris are comfortable coming in so early.........

Macca may have looked good in the ODIs this tour, but is well known to self destruct often enough without any help from his team mates - hence I find his reactions to the run out a bit ironic..........

that said IMO Harris will only likely get a start in similar type pitches that will offer something for the slower bowlers - as in the Tri-series final - he no longer commands a spot with either bat or ball despite his experience..........

similar story for Cairns - his retirement from Tests to concentrate on ODIs has yet to show any consistant improvement with bat or ball.............

quite simply the bowling attack lacks any teeth with the absence of Bond & Tuffey...........Mills needs the ball to swing to pose any questions, Butler still needs further improvement re his RPO (although this did improve in the Tri-series & I thought he would have been worth a shot during the lead up games), & Vettori fell back into his form prior to the Tri-series.........Styris & Oram are solid enough back up but are not 'strike' bowlers to primarily take wickets...........

as I said earlier - still a long way to go..............