• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is gonna win the Sept 19th clash???

wahindiawah

Banned
Most people will be interesteout to find out the eventual winner of CT (probably gonna be Aus :sleep: ) but my eyes are fixed on sept 19th clash between India and Pak.

India will be without Sachin, and Pak will be without Shabbir.

Indian batting still looks strong without the great Sachin, however Pak bowling without Shabbir and Gul certainly appears weak.Overall the Indian team appears much stronger than their rivals, as though the two teams might be equally match in bowling dept, the Indians certainly are much much stronger as far as batting and fielding is concerned.

Man to watch out for Pak: S malik and Afridi

Man to watch out for Ind: Dravid & IRFAN PATHAN.

MY prediction.India will comprehensively beat Pak and will then reach the finals.

FRAZ

International Captain
I wish so . On paper both teams are good . Fom India Dravid will have to come out big and Nehra , Pathan will have to give their best . From Pakistan Shoaib Sami and Inzimam are due for a good performance .
One more thing that I wish is that no matter what the result is , I want to see people come out of the ground with smiles on their faces . I wish best of luck to the both teams and I hope 19th september will be known as a friendship celebration day . Thanx a lot And dear sir " Better if you had put this thread in the ICC forum "

wahindiawah

Banned
FRAZ said:
I wish so . On paper both teams are good . Fom India Dravid will have to come out big and Nehra , Pathan will have to give their best . From Pakistan Shoaib Sami and Inzimam are due for a good performance .
Some confusion over here, by Shoaib due you mean Malik or S Akhter? For me Malik is the key man along with Afridi(who somehow does well against India). As far as Akhter is concerned, he's a completely demoralised man these days and i can remember the last time he had a match winning figures against India.We are probably going to see Akhter hammered in the match.

And i don't know why ppl mentions Sami's name.To me the guy is a useless bowler.

FRAZ

International Captain
58 matches and 93 wickets . Winning a memorable match in Newzealand does ' nt make Sami a useless bowler at all . He is a kid , he ll improve by time . And I said SHoaib Akhtar , Inzimam and Sami are "due" for a good performance. I did'nt say that they are definately gonna win the match for Pak. I dont really understand one thing that why the hell "Shoaib Akhtar " is been targeted a lot . I mean he is not a bad bowler at all. Actually expecting some one to be the best in every match is out of this world thing . SHoaib Akhtar is obviously a match winner and a great bowler . I hope he performs good . And please dont just start quoting again and again from my post cuz I dont wanna get into the useless discussion that Shoaib is bad and this and that . Let the match begin and end and lets hope to see a good cricket no matter from what player or team ...

wahindiawah

Banned
I disagree with you on Sami but otherwise i agree with you.

BTW i should have posted this thread ICC forum, i made a mistake, but there is lil i can do now

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
wahindiawah said:
Both of those mean the same thing - they both hurt India :) When was the last time Shabbir did anything against India (or anyone for that matter). I've never been able to figure out why Pakistanis play him so much.

Both teams are sickeningly inconsistent - they can beat out the best on their day but on a bad day, they make the USofA look like a competitive unit. Whoever is ready to play that day will take it - it's too close to call.

FRAZ

International Captain
Inconsistent is a good description . India no matter what happenes remains consistent in Batting cuz thier top 5 batsmen are the best in the world . Their Bowling remains suspicious . Pakistan's middle and lower middle order is the best but Top batsmen are all new and batting is stupid . But Bowling is among the best in the world . I always say one thing about the Pakistan and Indian conjoined team that Take 2Allrounders and wicket keeper and a couple of Fast Bowlers of Pakistan and put them together with top 5 batsmen of India then that team is unbeatable .

wahindiawah

Banned
FRAZ said:
Take 2Allrounders and wicket keeper and a couple of Fast Bowlers of Pakistan and put them together with top 5 batsmen of India then that team is unbeatable .

Fair enough on allrounders, but we don't need Pakistani fast bowlers who bowls 17 balls over!

Deja moo

International Captain
wahindiawah said:
Fair enough on allrounders, but we don't need Pakistani fast bowlers who bowls 17 balls over!

as opposed to a certain big-eared bowler who cant resist bowling a long hop every over ?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
wahindiawah said:
haha...

BIGGEST.
MIS-MATCH.
EVER.

afridi will rock the indians bowling... you will see!

FRAZ

International Captain
Well as predicted . In the end one solution comes up . "Diss the hell out of Pakistani players , as much as possible " . Go right then left then up then right . twist your post rap it up with some sugar and infact a poison and then present it ..... Awwww . No reality , no nothing , Being patriotic is what I really really admire but being patriotic in this case means diss and point out the Pakistan . Pakistan and India have benn neck to neck through out the history infact Pakistan have won more tests and one dayers which is a reality but it does ' t also mean that India is bad . India is an excellent team with some excellent players and currently better than Pakistan and infact this is one of the few times they are better . And I hate this dumb word " We dont need ......" and then a diss and indirect diss upon a Pakistani player . Pathetic Pathetic . You know what its ordinary extremely ordinary . i talked about the reality and still some guy predeictibly extracted sarcasm out of it . I think remedy is the match and its result . Awwwwwww god save me from these so called pre match dissing sugar coated poisnous expert views ....... ahhh god my lord . give us some understanding plz. It will be pathetic if some one even tries to get some sarcasm out of this post of mine . On one hand they say these coutries should have been together and on the other side these killer comments are abundent and from both sides and per square kilometer wise then more from India ........

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
Indian batting still looks strong without the great Sachin,

Actually if you look at career records, it doesn't look half as strong as people think it is.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Pakistanis are the favs for this clash but i think India will clinch this match if they bat first amd vice versa.

Again Ganguly opening, will be a crucial player for India and i also think Sehwag will return to form as i think Shoaib and Sami's pace will suit his style of play. I hope Dinesh gets a good oppurtunity to bat so that he can prove his doubters wrong :p

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
TendulkarFan said:
Both of those mean the same thing - they both hurt India :) When was the last time Shabbir did anything against India (or anyone for that matter). I've never been able to figure out why Pakistanis play him so much.
Link: http://cricket.123india.com/news/losses.html

Pakistani bowlers, especially Shabbir Ahmed, made use of the early morning conditions, pegging back our batsmen. Yuvraj Singh played a matured knock, well-supported by the lower order batsmen.

You dont know what Shabbir has done for Pakistan in the recent past esspecially against India? Ok, i show you more!

Then look for example at the Match in the Videoceon Cup in Amsterdam. There he also took a wicket with good figures...

Or for example in the Samsung Cup:
There he also took very important wickets...Just watch the scorecard of the Samsung cup ODIs...
He is a very important player for the pakistani bowling line up.

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
wahindiawah said:
And i don't know why ppl mentions Sami's name.To me the guy is a useless bowler.
You dont know Sami thats why you are saying this. In the recent past he was much better than Shoaib Akthar ...And i think he is much better than your fast bowlers like Nehra and so on..Sami is one of the best bowlers in the world or he has the talent to be the best(just look at his hattrick against the West Indies or his new fresh bowling in 2002)....I like his bowling.
And he is on the way to be a very big bowler after Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. He has learned much from Shoaib Akhtar..

And now dont discuss with me , because while i was reading your post i just saw useless comments. So stop it.

Inzamam, Yousuf Youhana and the two fast bowlers(SAMI and AKHTAR) will be the key to win this match.

Last edited:

wahindiawah

Banned
RealPk said:
.Sami is one of the best bowlers in the world or he has the talent to be the best(just look at his hattrick against the West Indies or his new fresh bowling in 2002)....I like his bowling.
And he is on the way to be a very big bowler after Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. He has learned much from Shoaib Akhtar..

Infact SAMI is the best pacer the world has ever seen. He remind us of Tyson and Lillee, ofcourse those bowlers were not as talented as the Pakistani legend.

The next time Indian batters take on SAMI, they better show some respect, as Sami has all the respect of our Cricketweb members.

biased indian

International Coach
Team that wins the toss will win the game

for me its a 50-50 game when its played any where else other than sharjha.