Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is gonna win the Sept 19th clash???

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by TendulkarFan
    Both of those mean the same thing - they both hurt India When was the last time Shabbir did anything against India (or anyone for that matter). I've never been able to figure out why Pakistanis play him so much.
    Link: http://**********************/news/losses.html

Pakistani bowlers, especially Shabbir Ahmed, made use of the early morning conditions, pegging back our batsmen. Yuvraj Singh played a matured knock, well-supported by the lower order batsmen.

You dont know what Shabbir has done for Pakistan in the recent past esspecially against India? Ok, i show you more!

Then look for example at the Match in the Videoceon Cup in Amsterdam. There he also took a wicket with good figures...

Or for example in the Samsung Cup:
    There he also took very important wickets...Just watch the scorecard of the Samsung cup ODIs...
    He is a very important player for the pakistani bowling line up.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by wahindiawah

And i don't know why ppl mentions Sami's name.To me the guy is a useless bowler.
    You dont know Sami thats why you are saying this. In the recent past he was much better than Shoaib Akthar ...And i think he is much better than your fast bowlers like Nehra and so on..Sami is one of the best bowlers in the world or he has the talent to be the best(just look at his hattrick against the West Indies or his new fresh bowling in 2002)....I like his bowling.
    And he is on the way to be a very big bowler after Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. He has learned much from Shoaib Akhtar..

And now dont discuss with me , because while i was reading your post i just saw useless comments. So stop it.

Inzamam, Yousuf Youhana and the two fast bowlers(SAMI and AKHTAR) will be the key to win this match.
    Last edited by RealPk; 13-09-2004 at 07:56 AM.

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    haha...

BIGGEST.
    MIS-MATCH.
    EVER.

afridi will rock the indians bowling... you will see!
    Nope, these days he's more of a threat as a bowler!
    ------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by RealPk
    .Sami is one of the best bowlers in the world or he has the talent to be the best(just look at his hattrick against the West Indies or his new fresh bowling in 2002)....I like his bowling.
    And he is on the way to be a very big bowler after Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. He has learned much from Shoaib Akhtar..

Infact SAMI is the best pacer the world has ever seen. He remind us of Tyson and Lillee, ofcourse those bowlers were not as talented as the Pakistani legend.

The next time Indian batters take on SAMI, they better show some respect, as Sami has all the respect of our Cricketweb members.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Team that wins the toss will win the game

for me its a 50-50 game when its played any where else other than sharjha.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by biased indian
    Team that wins the toss will win the game

How so?? Do you mean to say that the performances of teams doesn't count much??

I think India certainly have a much better chance of winning the match, simply coz they have a superior team.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar

I think India certainly have a much better chance of winning the match, simply coz they have a superior team.
    pls when u quote ,quote the whole comment
    what i said was that its a 50-50 game and winningthe toss is a 50-50 thing so i just said it that way

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ
    Well as predicted . In the end one solution comes up . "Diss the hell out of Pakistani players , as much as possible " . Go right then left then up then right . twist your post rap it up with some sugar and infact a poison and then present it ..... Awwww . No reality , no nothing , Being patriotic is what I really really admire but being patriotic in this case means diss and point out the Pakistan . Pakistan and India have benn neck to neck through out the history infact Pakistan have won more tests and one dayers which is a reality but it does ' t also mean that India is bad . India is an excellent team with some excellent players and currently better than Pakistan and infact this is one of the few times they are better . And I hate this dumb word " We dont need ......" and then a diss and indirect diss upon a Pakistani player . Pathetic Pathetic . You know what its ordinary extremely ordinary . i talked about the reality and still some guy predeictibly extracted sarcasm out of it . I think remedy is the match and its result . Awwwwwww god save me from these so called pre match dissing sugar coated poisnous expert views ....... ahhh god my lord . give us some understanding plz. It will be pathetic if some one even tries to get some sarcasm out of this post of mine . On one hand they say these coutries should have been together and on the other side these killer comments are abundent and from both sides and per square kilometer wise then more from India ........

Do i need to remind you that this is a cricket forum and NOT a political/Patriotic one!!!

I can't understand as to why Pakistanis get upset when i say that India doesn't need Pak pacers. Its time for ur neighbours to accept the reality. Waseem and Younis are long gone, currently Pak doesn't have any great pacer.
    Which team would like to get into the match with a bowler who has not even won the confidence of his captain( you can read Inzi's remarks on Akhter and Sami!!!!)? wouldn't one opt for bowlers who has shown the courage to perform at their arch rivals own backyard?? The whole world knows how Pathan and Balaji rocked Pakistani team in Pak, and how pak's own so called great bowlers were taken to the cleaners by Indian batsmen.

If Sami is in the team then its simply coz Pak doesn't have good young prospect comming up.Today India is blessed with high number of young fast bowlers, so if one get injured (like say Khan) then another one replace him with ease (Pathan).
    Pacers like Salvi,Bhandari & Munaf can't get a place in national squad , its like an embaressment of riches.

I would like Pak to come up with their own version of Pathans and Zaheer's, i think the need of the day is "quality fast bowler" for Pak , rather than just "raw wayward speed"!

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    I would like Pak to come up with their own version of Pathans and Zaheer's, i think the need of the day is "quality fast bowler" for Pak , rather than just "raw wayward speed"!
    Hmmm....hold it mate, Zaheer and Pathan haven't reached a level where someone else should start modeling themselves on these two. Don't overreach yourself in criticizing the Pakistani pacers because on his day, Shoaib Akhtar is the most dangerous fast bowler on the planet and I don't think the same can be said about any of the two Indian blokes you mentioned.He needs to change his attitude and be more committed, that's all.
    Flames are welcome, but beware of the *Backdraft *

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )

India has always had superior batting line up ovar Pak.....but how come they havent won as many matches as Supperior is their batting.?

I dont remember a single occeasion when India took on pak when, Pak had a better batting line up or Pak was winning alot of matches for those oceasions India will always be hiding..They always wait till they think Pak is at most vulnerable to attack
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_beater
    Hmmm....hold it mate, Zaheer and Pathan haven't reached a level where someone else should start modeling themselves on these two. Don't overreach yourself in criticizing the Pakistani pacers because on his day, Shoaib Akhtar is the most dangerous fast bowler on the planet and I don't think the same can be said about any of the two Indian blokes you mentioned.He needs to change his attitude and be more committed, that's all.
    No reply to ur thread yet......like you i am waiting to see a response ltoo

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar

You clearly don't have too much experience of English conditions on September mornings.

The white ball zips around like anything, and whoever fields first has a huge advantage, as they're highly likely to take three or four early cheap wickets before batting conditions ease.

As for vast superiority, how come it's 4-4 over the last 8 meetings, then?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    I dont remember a single occeasion when India took on pak when, Pak had a better batting line up or Pak was winning alot of matches for those oceasions India will always be hiding..They always wait till they think Pak is at most vulnerable to attack
    I don't ever agree with that assumption. Its just one of those things which is a result of people trying to come up with their own reasons about why India-Pak cricket dried up so dramatically from what it used to be earlier. And this one comes from the fact that Pak was winning most of the time and then the matches stopped, and so Pak fans gave the reason that India stopped playing because it got scared. I think the reasons are simply political, and this isn't the right forum to go over all that.

India used to play Pak quite often when it was perhaps the best ODI team around in the early 90s or even the late 80s.All matches were being played with both the teams being at their full strength, and India would lose most of the time ofcourse, but that pretty much debunks your claim that India never played Pak when it was at its full strength.
    Last edited by aussie_beater; 13-09-2004 at 03:38 PM.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Debateable - Pakistan have better bowling, and the Indian batting is not performing.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I can't understand as to why Pakistanis get upset when i say that India doesn't need Pak pacers. Its time for ur neighbours to accept the reality. Waseem and Younis are long gone, currently Pak doesn't have any great pacer.

Yet they still have better ones than India.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information