• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus v USA

Craig

World Traveller
One of the more boring matches I have seen.

Being hammered like this does nothing for USA cricket, saying otherwise is just plain nonsense.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:

Being hammered like this does nothing for USA cricket, saying otherwise is just plain nonsense.
True, but I'm not sure what the alternative is for this comp, unless you don't include anyone outside the top 8 and start with the quarterfinals, which seems a long way to fly for the sides that only play one game.

At least in this the proper sides only play one minnow each, so I don't think mismatches like USA vs Aus are the end of the world. Look at it as a practice game, I suppose.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Craig said:

i wouldnt call it boring, but not exciting either

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ponting's main point was that these minnow nations should only get a spot in these tournaments after dominating the first class scene for a while. What's the point when one tournament you have Scotland, another you have Namibia and Holland and then a few years later you have USA? It shows there's no consistency at all, and is just pointless.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
At least in Bangladesh, they have their own players, and yuong ones, too. The talent may be there, but temperament needs to improve. Holland are a very professional unit when they play, though the talent is missing. Canada just had a few flashes of brilliance, but nothing sustained. But it's these teams with old, failed cricketers from outside that shouldn't be played in a major tournament like this.

Craig

World Traveller
Dean Jones (?) during the game made the point that during a tournament like that, there probably wasn't much point in bringing Dad's Army along, but to look to bring a few youngsters with them.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Arjun said:
That's a really weak tournament.

To be quite honest, the US of A consist of old failed cricketers from other countries, and if this team won that series, some things are very wrong out there. What the US need are fresh, young cricketers.
Of course it's a weak tournament - what did you expect?