• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus v USA

NikhilN

International Regular
Who thinks if Aus bat first then 400 runs will be scored in this match and someone will get a 200?

I do

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say Australia will bat first if they win the toss...they'll want a decent work-out because they've been short on match-practice.

USA on the otherhand might want to bowl first so they get a game that will at least go 60 overs.
Whatever happens, it will be a hiding of some sorts..I just hope it's not a hiding of epic proportions.

Sudeep

International Captain
Vande Mataram said:
Who thinks if Aus bat first then 400 runs will be scored in this match and someone will get a 200?

I do
I don't.

I've always believed that Australia, especially when they're rusty, aren't too good at squashing minnows. 300+? Definitely. 350? Maybe. 400? I don't think so...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The thing about the USA is that their bowling is slow & frustrating & if Australia go out their expecting to dominate from ball 1 they might just struggle for the first few overs or so.
But the surprise factor of the USA bowlers is well & truly gone..NZ didn't know what was coming at them whereas Australia now do.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually think Bangladesh or Zimbabwe would be better candidates for that at the moment. The USA batsmen at least showed a bit of application at the crease & although they won't score many runs, they could probably bat for 30 or 40 overs & frustrate the opposition bowlers.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i agree with sudeep. whilst the aussies are the best team in the world the have showed that they can't sqush minnows to the levels u'd predict

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:
i agree with sudeep. whilst the aussies are the best team in the world the have showed that they can't sqush minnows to the levels u'd predict
Yeah, they reserve that for India.

FRAZ

International Captain
Dear sir " you can call me "fraz " instead of Another one . Sorry if I hurt your "Patriotic feeling"
Kan ga roo , Kan ga roo Kan ga roo ............. Happy now "sir"

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FRAZ said:
Dear sir " you can call me "fraz " instead of Another one . Sorry if I hurt your "Patriotic feeling"
Kan ga roo , Kan ga roo Kan ga roo ............. Happy now "sir"
Nah, mate I was jsut making a comment. Support who you wish.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
POnting looking for a big hundred from 1 batsman and a bowler to take 6 or 7 for not very many, i dont like the chances of the US against the pace of Lee or the accuracy of McGrath of the blend of the aformentioned 2 in gillespie or Kaspa

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
looks like Ponting is going for the quick kill in the Rain, he has won the toss and Australia will bowl first

telsor

U19 12th Man
Weather seems to have played on their minds.

Ponting won the toss and is bowling. Looks like he's going for the quick kill.