• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus v USA

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
Going at just over 4 an over is not good against the U.S! But then I guess it depends on how they got them, edges all over the place, or fluid cover drives and pulls etc (or the last option, all in extras! haha).
It was the wides, no-balls and general Harmison-of-yesteryear-like rubbish I was getting at.

As I type, Kaspa gets a gift from the umpire.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Son Of Coco said:
Going at just over 4 an over is not good against the U.S! But then I guess it depends on how they got them, edges all over the place, or fluid cover drives and pulls etc (or the last option, all in extras! haha).
yes... if your read eddie uncles posts clearly you will see he was indeed saying the aussie attack doesnt seem too good at the mo, thus complying with your statement :D

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
It was the wides, no-balls and general Harmison-of-yesteryear-like rubbish I was getting at.

As I type, Kaspa gets a gift from the umpire.
I know what you were getting at. Don't worry, just agreeing.......it seems hard to do on here at times.

telsor

U19 12th Man
USA all out 65.

If my maths is right, Aus needs to make the runs in less than 12 overs to have a better RR than NZ.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
How sad would it be if it had to come down to run-rates...I really hope we get a full game on Thursday & for every other match for that matter.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's boardering on the ridiculous out there...nice to see Hayden is only human.

telsor

U19 12th Man
Tim said:
How sad would it be if it had to come down to run-rates...I really hope we get a full game on Thursday & for every other match for that matter.
I fully agree, but every base needs to be covered.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Could someone honestly explain why Holland are not playing? When I had seen them in the World Cup, they were very professional in apporach, unlike these minnows. The Dutch may not be very talented, but they have their basics right. You could find six balls on the spot, runs saved, catches taken and a job done decently. Even in batting, much as it is a problem, they tried what they could.

skeewee

Cricket Spectator
They won the toss and decided to get the better runrate... bcoz i think there is only two sides that can beat Australia at the moment and that is India and New Zealand

Slow Love™

International Captain
kwigibo said:
A bit of a 'screw you' to the admittedly very few people who shelled out the exhorbitant English admission fees. All this after Ponting going on in interviews about their job being to entertain, but I guess that doesn't trump the option to cut a day's play in the English weather short.
Everything I've read that Ponting's had to say about these kind of matches is that they're largely a waste of time - both for the Aussies, and for the minnows. What it does for my CW fantasy cricket stats is an altogether different issue.

In a shock revelation, I'm inclined to agree with Ponting's comments wholeheartedly. I genuinely can't see what purpose it serves. Just more of an argument for a multi-tiered system, I think.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Arjun said:
Could someone honestly explain why Holland are not playing? When I had seen them in the World Cup, they were very professional in apporach, unlike these minnows. The Dutch may not be very talented, but they have their basics right. You could find six balls on the spot, runs saved, catches taken and a job done decently. Even in batting, much as it is a problem, they tried what they could.
The USA are playing, and Holland, Scotland, Namibia, the UAE and Canada aren't, because the USA won the Six Nations Challenge Qualifying Tournament.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Netherlands beat the USA easily, just a shame they couldn't do it to the other teams.
Canada really struggled without John Davison & to a lesser extent Ian Billcliff.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The USA are playing, and Holland, Scotland, Namibia, the UAE and Canada aren't, because the USA won the Six Nations Challenge Qualifying Tournament.
That's a really weak tournament.

To be quite honest, the US of A consist of old failed cricketers from other countries, and if this team won that series, some things are very wrong out there. What the US need are fresh, young cricketers.