• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus v USA

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This is going to be a huge blow for NZ if rain ruins the Aus/NZ match on thursday.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
There's always the reserve day...I refuse to believe they can't get 20 overs of play in two days, even though the weather is bad.

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
A bit of a 'screw you' to the admittedly very few people who shelled out the exhorbitant English admission fees. All this after Ponting going on in interviews about their job being to entertain, but I guess that doesn't trump the option to cut a day's play in the English weather short.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
From a NZ perspective..im hoping the USA can hold out for at least 25 overs.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
all out for 43. you heard it here first :p
If the Aussies had a decent bowling attack, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but at first glance Brett Lee is having a hard time of it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
If the Aussies had a decent bowling attack, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but at first glance Brett Lee is having a hard time of it.
Three no-balls, three wides in five overs..even the West Indies'd be ashamed of that...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Massiah actually looks quite a good player...and he's only 24 so USA might have a star-player in the making.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Samuel_Vimes said:
Three no-balls, three wides in five overs..even the West Indies'd be ashamed of that...
panyangara however, is shocked at brett lee`s apparent lack of extras and writes a letter to the ACB :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
McGrath was extremely impressive though - and Kasprowicz has struck immediately.

A dismissal to please Samuel Vimes - fishing outside off stump

howardj

International Coach
There should be some type of by-law that prevents mis-matches of this ilk!! I mean, how does this sort of clash do anybody any good? It's so rare to get all the top teams together, and then the administrators serve up this tripe! It's a first-rate farce!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
howardj said:
There should be some type of by-law that prevents mis-matches of this ilk!! I mean, how does this sort of clash do anybody any good? It's so rare to get all the top teams together, and then the administrators serve up this tripe! It's a first-rate farce!
You are being a little unfair. Australia aren't THAT bad.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tim said:
Massiah actually looks quite a good player...and he's only 24 so USA might have a star-player in the making.
His name suggests he could well be just what cricket in the U.S needed.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
Going at just over 4 an over is not good against the U.S! But then I guess it depends on how they got them, edges all over the place, or fluid cover drives and pulls etc (or the last option, all in extras! haha).