• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa v Bangladesh

Sudeep

International Captain
Discuss it here kids, though I know the interest in it is almost zero...

Bangladesh are 45/4 in 17.3 overs, after electing to bat first.

The namesake of a certain forum member has picked up 3 wickets for South Africa... :p

Sudeep

International Captain
Bangladesh is 79/8 in the 26th over...

A confidence-regaining performance for South Africa... It's only Bangladesh, but it'd definitely help.

Two wickets for Ntini, which means FC points. :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh are a disgrace...after all the cricket they've played they still cannot reach 100 when the likes of the USA, Kenya can etc.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tim said:
Bangladesh are a disgrace...after all the cricket they've played they still cannot reach 100 when the likes of the USA, Kenya can etc.
Damn Right...

However, the ICC have got so much egg on their face, it's hard to work out which bit is from the Bangladeshi egg...

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nah, you're being too hard. The juggernaut has simply awoken, that's all dude. Happily (that should read Sadly for non-SA supporters) it's smooth sailing from here to that trophy presentation.

I am *so* setting myself up for an embarrasing fall. Of course, if SA win it, I'll just be insufferable, especially if Smith hits Zoysa for a winning 4. Woohoo!

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's already tomorrow in SA bru, haven't you heard? Today's styles are out, The day before is back in baby!

Langeveldt

Soutie
DocHead said:
It's already tomorrow in SA bru, haven't you heard? Today's styles are out, The day before is back in baby!
Ive got another 36 minutes of watching Herschelle make a complete ar$e out of himself in that case :)

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Okay, I'm gonna stop the fashion metaphor before we start talking about about the colour Tope and how it's making a big comeback along with sequins just in time for the holidays. Horrible words like Yve's St. Lauren & Gucci may be bandied about, and I think we both agree, nobody want's it to descend to that level of nastiness. God forbid the discussion should stray towards the merits of Courdoroy.

Not to mention, I'd have to stick in a Langerveldt/Lagerveld low blow if I started to fall behind.

Besides, I didn't really understand what that last post was supposed to mean. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:

I think there's a difference when batting 1st compared to chasing.

Because Bangladesh batted first, SA wanted to get them out as quickly.

Had SA batted first and made say 300, Bangladesh would've been (somewhat perversely) more relaxed when batting.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I still think they should be showing more application after 4 or 5 years as a test playing nation. I know some people say give them time & compare Bangladesh to how NZ first began, but for crying out loud..they play triple the amount of cricket that was played back in the 1940's!. Technology & resources are also so much greater than what they were back then.

I wouldn't mind if Bangladesh were scoring 200 & losing..but they're being bowled out for 120 odd nearly every-time!.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
I cannot for the life of me understand why Rajin Saleh opted to bat first in those overcast conditions.What was he thinking ? In those conditions a lot of the teams would have struggled to bat comfortably against a decent pace attack.

And the problem with the Bangladesh batsman is that they seem to always lose their wicket while playing attacking shots.I mean they should first learn to remain in the crease, get the hang of the wicket and then play the shots, and just not go into this attacking mode right away. And I have read some news that the Bangladeshi players are very uncomfortable to talk and learn from some of the more accomplished players in opposition teams.In the Asia Cup recently when Dravid came around to the Bangladeshi nets to just chat with the players, it became a one sided talk by Dravid with no questions being asked by the players themselves and actually not all the players showed up for the talk either when it was a planned thing by the Bangladeshi team management.Steve Waugh said that he went to the Bangladeshi dressing room during the Aus tour last year, after he was surprised to see that no Bangladeshi players were interacting with the Aussies about the game when he thought players from a new team like Bangladesh would be benefiting from such interaction.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
they need mortaza i tells ya! and hopefully abdur razzaq can sort out his action. good luck to em.