• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ v USA

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
347/4 after 50 overs.

Astle - 145*
Styris - 75
McMillan - 64

Total annihilation. The first 10 overs were a drag while NZ sussed out the bowlers & the conditions weren't ideal but Astle & Styris batted well & ended up with a good result.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing last 6 overs. McMillan only faced 27 balls and hit 7 huge sixes.

Great stuff to watch.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
120 odd runs off the last 6 overs wasn't it?...Astle would have got the 200 had he blazed from the start. But in the end he played a very controlled innings despite some average bowling after the 15 overs was up.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it was, 122 I think. The partnership between Astle & McMillan was 135 from about 46 balls.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
They actually played it pretty well, it was hard to bat in the early stages and that Reid guy was pretty awkward to face. But that was some carnage at the end. Can't help but to feel USA bwoled the wrong guys at the death, should have saved there openers but it was great to watch Mcmillan and Astle.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't think the USA had any options at the death. It was a case of just hoping someone would do the job.

I thought Reid was impressive...those medium pace bowlers under cloudy skies can be worse than facing a fast bowler bowling 150 km's.
Astle's innings was really good because he stuck it out rather than getting frustrated & throwing in the towel.

Swervy

International Captain
i cant beleive I missed it..watched the first 15 overs,and was quite impressed by USA (dibbly dobbly bowlers but NZ were struggling to score)...wish I saw those last few overs

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It was nothing much really...quite sad to be honest. Especially seeing McMillan have his usual diet on average bowling.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Nothing harsh, just say things like "strike 1" etc...
USA openers have started well enough.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tuffey's bowling absolute crap...I personally would not play him against Aus. I think he's lost form in a big way.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
any reason we dont have a real fast bowler bowling ?

U would think vs a lesser side they would put someone like butler in.. just for his pace..

Tuffy is more likely to get a *good* batter out.. cause he relys on them playing shots.

Butler would be more likely to just chuck it down the pitch and get them missing/lbw

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This tends to happen though...it's difficult to bowl with discipline when you're defending 347, but still no real excuse.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Alot of flukish 4's too, mind you. But if they want 347, then they're pretty much going to have to play at everything.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
i think the new zealanders are stunned.. u can tell by there body language.

lol if america continue this run rate they will win :D lol