• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rain, Rain Go Away

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like rain might have a say on the opening games today. Apparently NZ v USA is already looking at a lengthy delay.

shaka

International Regular
Yeh looks like to continue for the rest of the day, but i think that they have a reserve day tomorrow in which to play that game.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
Looks like rain might have a say on the opening games today. Apparently NZ v USA is already looking at a lengthy delay.
It's sound where I am(apart from I'm in school :( )

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, NZ v USA is underway, don't know if the overs have been reduced because I've only just started watching.

We have lost a wicket already though :( . How embarassing!.

Edit: Make that 2 wickets! Hopefully Styris has a good day.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good partnership between Styris and Astle has saved us from further embarassment.

First good knock for Astle for a while.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
It's a totally inevitable if you schedule a major tournament in September, where the weather is unsuitable in every cricketing country.
Why it couldn't have been in June is beyond me.
Still, it could have been far, far worse so far.
The last thing we need is one of these seemingly-guranteed matches being washed-out. That could throw the tournament into chaos.
So far so good. Always far less than 100 overs likely to be needed for these first 8 games.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
For mine, it doesn't matter too much if the minnow-bashing is washed out. The group table would end up 2/1 and it would be all down to the final match, like it would be anyway.

The problem is if one of the "deciders" goes, and progression to the semi-final is decided by net run rate in the minnow-bash. Not much play likely tomorrow, by the looks of things.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Pakistan v Kenya game has been washed out for the day - yet here I am, 36 miles from Brum and we never saw a drop of rain.

Sunny in London for the Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka game.

Good forecast for the next few days though, with temperatures climbing back into the low 20's

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
It's a totally inevitable if you schedule a major tournament in September, where the weather is unsuitable in every cricketing country.
Why it couldn't have been in June is beyond me.
Still, it could have been far, far worse so far.
The last thing we need is one of these seemingly-guranteed matches being washed-out. That could throw the tournament into chaos.
So far so good. Always far less than 100 overs likely to be needed for these first 8 games.
Well, it's not unsuitable in Oz! haha But you can't have it there every year.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
The Pakistan v Kenya game has been washed out for the day - yet here I am, 36 miles from Brum and we never saw a drop of rain.

Sunny in London for the Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka game.
Match State: Delay - Rain

Rain is coming down and players are leaving the field :p

End of over 21 (1 run) Zimbabwe 63/4 (RR: 3.00)
DNT Zoysa 8-2-12-2 (1w 3nb) - Pavilion End
MA Vermeulen 12* (21b 2x4) T Taibu 0* (11b)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, Jason. An hour and a half is a long time at this time of year over here - we've had a torrential downpour too.

Oh, look. Sunny again in London and they're playing again

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And the run rate situation is just getting a little interesting now (in the event of England-SL being rained off that is)

At 123-7, SL would need to score the runs in 22.3 overs to knock England off top spot on Net RR.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Now it's looking a lot healthier from an English perspective - 191 all out means SL must score the runs in 27.5 overs (6.86 an over)

Not an easy task by any means.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Now it's looking a lot healthier from an English perspective - 191 all out means SL must score the runs in 27.5 overs (6.86 an over)

Not an easy task by any means.
Zim in with a chance if SL in their enthusiasm to get the favourable Net Run Rate end up losing wickets.

SL appear to have let Zim off the hook after pinning them down to 120/7.