• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

USA beats ZIM in warmup match

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Zimbabwe: 272/4 in 50 overs (Nasir Islam 3/48)
USA: 273/6 in 49.4 overs (Steve Massiah 142 not out, Rohan Alexander 42, Nasir Islam 30 not out)

Even though ZIM are an all time low, this shows a little optimism for USA having scored 200 plus runs twice will give them good confidence to face NZ, AUS is an uphill task for anyone. Goodluck team usa.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What the hell is going on.... What a waste of time this thing is...
Never thought Zimbabwe would be capable of losing to the USA...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Vande Mataram said:
nope...I mean it
Then your brain is even less functional than we thought.

The USA have been well beaten by Bangladesh (who are crap) and have narrowly beaten the biggest disgrace to blacken the International arena of all time.

Their group games are against Australia and New Zealand, the best two ODI sides in the World.

There is more chance of Norway invading Sweden tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
Their group games are against Australia and New Zealand, the best two ODI sides in the World.
not that i disagree, but why is it that cricketweb still has NZ listed as rank #8? i don't think there is anyway they are still ranked 6th.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Different ranking systems look for different things.

The ICC's go off pretty much the last six months with a ridiculous degree of bias to recent form (gah, I'm getting like Arjun, bang one drum and bang it hard and don't stop banging) but CW's, however, place a lot more emphasis on sustained performances over a period of approximately three years (NZ currently 6th).

Craig

World Traveller
What is so wrong going off recent form?

New Zealand are playing pretty well at the moment, and that is backed up in the official rankings.

And in other sports I'm 100% positive they go off recent performances.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In a game like Cricket, recent form can be skewed by the fact that teams only face one or 2 teams in that time.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope NZ destroys them too.

We aren't going to get anywhere near 500 though :(.