• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies omit Ridley Jacobs

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Having seen the series I can assure you he got a couple of iffy decisions from the umpires.
Doesn't alter the fact that he performed like a complete berk (I'm thinking, particularly, of the run out in Trinidad (?)) and not someone you'd want anywhere near the West Indies team.

With hindsight, the selectors are perhaps regretting Baugh's exclusion.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Prince EWS said:
And Devon Smith should have been picked over Hinds.
Not sure about that. I'd like Devon to concentrate on establishing himself in the test side and I'm not sure playing 1-dayers would help.

In any case, Hinds is the better all-round 1-day player in my view. He can be very effective with the bat (was superb at home to Australia last year) and is a very useful bowler.

With regard to this tournament and perhaps in the longer term, I see Hinds competing with Dwayne Smith for the sixth batting spot. Marlon Samuels may also come into the equation next season, but it seems he still has problems with injury and attitude.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
That seems correct enough.I'd like to see Hinds competing more for the opening spot because of his experience over Devon Smith(until he's fully ready).This should give Sylvester Joseph the opportunity to make it into that 6th spot.

Don

State Vice-Captain
i say do away with hinds he just a *vooper*.bring back the almighty GANGA.throw away courtney browne and either play baugh or try rhamdin.Dillion should stick to beach cricket in toco.yes i said let him stick to beach cricket in toco.leave out collymore.

my team

Lara(c)
Sarwan(vc)
chanders
Gayle
Ganga
Bravo
baugh/rhamdin
collins
edwards
lawson
mohammed

this is my demented idea of a team

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Don said:
bring back the almighty GANGA.
I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek!

I can't understand why a young, untried bowling all-rounder (Sammy) has been called up to replace an injured strike bowler (Lawson). Typically illogical decision by the selectors.

Of the revised 14-man squad, I'd be leaving Joseph, Dwayne Smith and Sammy out of the starting XI.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don said:
i say do away with hinds he just a *vooper*.bring back the almighty GANGA.throw away courtney browne and either play baugh or try rhamdin.Dillion should stick to beach cricket in toco.yes i said let him stick to beach cricket in toco.leave out collymore.

my team

Lara(c)
Sarwan(vc)
chanders
Gayle
Ganga
Bravo
baugh/rhamdin
collins
edwards
lawson
mohammed

this is my demented idea of a team
davo at 11?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dwayne Smith out - not fully recovered from the side strain suffered at the Oval, I think.

Ryan Hinds called up as a replacement.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
Baugh definately should have been picked.

And Devon Smith should have been picked over Hinds.
I wouldn't go that far. As much as I'm a fan and promoter of De Smith, Wavell Hinds is at the moment a better ODI player. Consider Hinds' explosive potential at the top couple with his useful medium-swing bowling.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Dwayne Smith out - not fully recovered from the side strain suffered at the Oval, I think.

Ryan Hinds called up as a replacement.
Yawn. Old news. I posted the report on CW at least 20 minutes ago...
Keep up to speed Pickup. :p

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He's playoing in a local league to try and get more people interested at the grass roots level.