• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the trophy?

Who will win the trophy?

• Total voters

Waughney

International Debutant
I know a thread like this has already been created but not as a poll. This way we can get everyone's tips in short :)

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Waughney said:
I know a thread like this has already been created but not as a poll. This way we can get everyone's tips in short :)
Even though I think It will be Australia, I'll vote India (just to be patriotic ;))

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha but your poll is whacked james!! 35% India? I think people are voting more with their hearts than with their minds...

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
haha but your poll is whacked james!! 35% India? I think people are voting more with their hearts than with their minds...
well how do u think in this poll, 7 people didn't post for Aus :p

However one thing is interesting: Mister Wright voting for Kenya :confused:!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
delkap said:
well how do u think in this poll, 7 people didn't post for Aus :p

However one thing is interesting: Mister Wright voting for Kenya :confused:!!

I feel sorry for the blighters...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Windies to romp through the tournament, setting all-time high and low scores for a team effort, then losing by 1 wicket to the U.S. in the final.

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hm, England has the advantage to have the crowd in the back so they will try everything to come in the final and to see what could be possible for them.
Surely they have performed very well in the recent past, but it will not be enough to get the trophy in my opinion.

My top teams for the Trophy are:
Australia (they are always on the top position to get the cup in any tournament)
South Africa (In my opinion the second best team in the world )
Pakistan (with the new coach it will everything be possible, what you have seen in the Asia Cup..Rushing in the final or flying in the first round...everything is possible...For me the dangeroust team in this tournament and of the world)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
RealPk said:
Hm, England has the advantage to have the crowd in the back so they will try everything to come in the final and to see what could be possible for them.
Surely they have performed very well in the recent past, but it will not be enough to get the trophy in my opinion.
England have performed quite superbly in the longer version of the game, but not really in the one-dayers over the last year. The problem is, they still have this mentality about 'bits and pieces' players instead of trying to decide who the best cricketers are.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
South Africa... here's hoping, anyway.
England certainly don't deserve to win it and if they were to it would do far more harm than good for the long-term IMO, because it would not merely paper over cracks but board them up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
England's chances of winning disappeared when the squad they named meant that they will have to play at least one of Solanki, Ali, McGrath and Batty.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I cant go past my compatriots after that slaughtering they called the World Cup final, and the VB series finals since then. They seem to lift whenever a series is on the line.

Having said that, if New Zealand finally get with it and use their niggling talent they seem to have at ruffling the Aussies, maybe they could take it out. Who knows.