• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the trophy?

Who will win the trophy?

• Total voters

Langeveldt

Soutie
Australia..

Whilst I would love SA to win, I feel they are a bit thin in the bowling department, bar Pollock of course... I don't think they will be able to match Aus/India on the depth in class front for a couple of years yet... They will like playing in English conditions though

England neither will nor deserve to win so long as they keep picking such random bits and pieces players.. Still at least they have been a joy to watch at test level...

youngguy1992

Cricket Spectator
pakistan have a strong chance since they beat india convincingly, but had a bad day against sri lanka, so if they play like they did against india they would probably win or get to the final against australia

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I'm gonna put my neck on the line and say USA. Although, you can never write off teams like Australia, New Zealand, India, England, Sri Lanka and Kenya.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol, Bangladesh, sri lanka, RSA, WI and kenya combined have as many votes as the USA at the current time

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I've voted for New Zealand, but after seeing the schedule, I've scrapped that. Australia will know how many runs they need to beat USA by, and then the last match is likely to be rained out. If, however, there is no rain, they might beat them (unlikely, but still possible), I think NZ're good enough to be favourites against any team out there apart from Australia - they're at least 60-40 favourites in any match-up apart from perhaps India on a flat wicket (Oval in the final, perhaps, if, and that's a big if, India get past Pakistan and South Africa), and they'll ease past England like this summer, or Sri Lanka, never renowned for being good tourists and relying on Murali, who probably will struggle unless Britain's hit by a three-week heatwave.

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Samuel_Vimes said:
I've voted for New Zealand, but after seeing the schedule, I've scrapped that. Australia will know how many runs they need to beat USA by, and then the last match is likely to be rained out. If, however, there is no rain, they might beat them (unlikely, but still possible), I think NZ're good enough to be favourites against any team out there apart from Australia - they're at least 60-40 favourites in any match-up apart from perhaps India on a flat wicket (Oval in the final, perhaps, if, and that's a big if, India get past Pakistan and South Africa), and they'll ease past England like this summer, or Sri Lanka, never renowned for being good tourists and relying on Murali, who probably will struggle unless Britain's hit by a three-week heatwave.

I dont understand, Australia wil clearly win against New Zealand and USA...
Btw who is USA? I mean where do they are? Cant see them in the ICC ODI rankings....

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Samuel_Vimes said:
I'm not sure, I think they might be surprised by New Zealand. It's a one-off, anything could happen.

But it would be a very very very big surprise...
Either there are a lot of NZ Fans who hope for a win or the people here search for a big surprise which chance is very low...

I dont think, that Australia would lose against New Zealand.
Australia could be kicked out by Pakistan, South Africa, India etc. but not by New Zealand...

And i also dont think that New Zealand would rush into the final, if they will not play against Australia..
In my opinion there are other teams form which you can expect this, but not from New Zealand.
Sure, NZ has a great team, but i dont think that they will come so far..

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
I really hope India will win it but they need to raise their game. Rmemeber its basically knock out in the first stage so if they slip up against Pakistan they're screwed. Same applies for Aussies. I hope New Zealand do us a favour and knock the Aussies out

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
RealPk said:
But it would be a very very very big surprise...
Either there are a lot of NZ Fans who hope for a win or the people here search for a big surprise which chance is very low...

Australia could be kicked out by Pakistan, South Africa, India etc. but not by New Zealand...

And i also dont think that New Zealand would rush into the final, if they will not play against Australia..
In my opinion there are other teams form which you can expect this, but not from New Zealand.
Sure, NZ has a great team, but i dont think that they will come so far..
New Zealand are our bogey team in ODIs. However, in the big tournaments we tend to be able to beat them.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I think we have pretty good chances of winning this tournament.. IMO we always perform at our very best when playing against Australia.. and looking at the current form India has even if we were to face them or England in the semis we could get through to the finals.. and i think after that we hardly put a finals down..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lord_of_darkness said:
I think we have pretty good chances of winning this tournament.. IMO we always perform at our very best when playing against Australia.. and looking at the current form India has even if we were to face them or England in the semis we could get through to the finals.. and i think after that we hardly put a finals down..
True, but in saying that you have to remember that, even though N.Z. beat Australia 3-1 the last time they met in the V.B. Cup Australia have bowled N.Z. out for low 100 scores the last time they met at the ICC trophy and World Cup.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
RealPk said:

Why not?

NZ's recent ODI form is far and away better than those 3's

steds

Hall of Fame Member
How come everyone is talking about New Zealand as the ones to cause an upset and beat the Aussies? What about South Africa-with Gibbs, Smith, Klusener, Pollock and Ntini, or Pakistan-Inzamam, Akhtar, Sami, West Indies-Lara, Gayle, Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Sri Lanka, or my personal favourites USA
Or England for that matter-Freddie Flintoff...need I say more

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mainly because NZ face Australia first in pool play.
I agree with what your saying...but so far this year NZ has the best winning percentage in ODI's with something like 92% & these wins haven't been built on easy-beats like Zimbabwe or Bangladesh either.