Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ICC Champions Trophy pools

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    The match is irrelevant.

It is not professional to let the opposition reach the target that they have to get.

And certainly not to "forget" about the target until near the end of the game.

LoL, you arent a Pakistani or Indian...Thats why you are thinking so!

If you as a Pakistani (or as an Indian) win the match, it is always a big one! Esspecially since the lose of the home series against India this win was very important for the fans!
    Here the Pakistani shows their professionally effort, with their bowling and batting attack (esscpecially Shoaib Malik).

I cant do anything if you dont understand it. I think its clear and this since weeks, at the moment when Pakistan bowled their last ball.
    It was a professional win. End!

And again....

Not to get the b o n u s p o i n t was unprofessional for the t o u r n a m e nt, but not for the m a t c h .

I dont want to reapeat me anymore....So answer to the last sentence and sure, you will not find an argument, since this is the last argument.
    Dont put up things, which we have already discussed like "It is not professional to let the opposition reach the target that they have to get."

--> Answer: The bonus point hasnt took any effect on the match.

You see it is always the same. -.-
    Last edited by RealPk; 17-08-2004 at 11:06 AM.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    No it is not - that match was irrelevant - Pakistan HAD to secure the bonus point - anything else is not worth discussing.

To ignore the bonus point is not professional.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

No it is not - that match was irrelevant - Pakistan HAD to secure the bonus point - anything else is not worth discussing.

To ignore the bonus point is not professional.

LoL, again....You see ...im just repeating me.
    The match wasnt irrelevant, since a win against India is always important...Also, because this two teams are arch rivals..
    They had to secure the bonus point, but for what?
    1. For the match?
    --> No, they have won the match by not gaining the bonus point.
    2. For the tournament? Yes, in the end it made the different, but then you also can say, that Pakistan has lost a bonus point against Sri Lanka, which would also make this situation different.
    3. For the fans? No, the fans were happy with the win against India. Winning against India is always something special. And the indian brothers could confirm it you.

So, that is my last post to this topic, if you dont find any other arguments, about which you can discuss.

The win over India so professional, so that the Indians gave them around the 150's up. This was a very big professional effort. Lets see whether they will be consistant. After one year we will see how the pakistani Team has changed.

And you also have already answered to my question, for what the pakistani Team needed the bonus point:

Your sentece isnt finished/completed:

No it is not - that match was irrelevant - Pakistan HAD to secure the bonus point to be in the tournament -

Isn't so? Yes it is.

So you can say that the victory over India was professional, but the lose against Sri Lanka was too heavy to be in the tournament.

Thats it. If you dont find any arguments, about which we havent discussed yet, you will not see some more post to this topic...
    Last edited by RealPk; 17-08-2004 at 03:13 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Had the SL defeat not been so heavy, they'd still have gone out by 1 point.

As it was, the whole purpose of the match had become to get/prevent the bonus point, and as such it was a mess to allow it to happen off the last ball.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

U19 Debutant
    ah, they won so very professionally that they conceded the bonus point.
    Best batsman = Rahul Dravid
    Best bowler = Muttiah Muralitharan

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Had the SL defeat not been so heavy, they'd still have gone out by 1 point.

As it was, the whole purpose of the match had become to get/prevent the bonus point, and as such it was a mess to allow it to happen off the last ball.
    No they wouldnt because then they would everythiing to get the bonuspoint agains Bangladesh and they would get it as you see that Inzi put him at No 6 down.
    He would come earlier, if they had a chance to win.

But you can say, that the effort against India was a professional one which ended unlucky. You cant blame on this effort, if they not get the bonus point, since a win is a win. And if this shi* bonus point system hasnt been there, then nobody would talk about this professional effort.

@hti4six:

Cant read?
    I said that it was a professional effort since they won the match, but the whole effort in the tournament was not professionally enough to be in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPk
    But you can say, that the effort against India was a professional one which ended unlucky.

Professionals don't need to rely on luck.

Cricket Spectator
    New Zealand will knock Australia out in the first round. I can't wait to see that happen...lol

Professionals don't need to rely on luck.

The Pakistanis were professional enough to win that match , but the effort in the tournament wasnt professional enough to come in the final.

The win was not the aim though.

Any professional side would see that.

They HAD to get the BP and failed through a lack of professionalism.

Icon12

Winning against India is always something special. And the indian brothers could confirm it you.
    Yeah, tell them boy that you were really dissapointed when Imran lifted the world cup but his team lost to India in 1992 . You would have preferred Imran's team winning against Indian over winning the World Cup finals. You tell them boy.

U19 Debutant

@hti4six:

Cant read?
    I said that it was a professional effort since they won the match, but the whole effort in the tournament was not professionally enough to be in the tournament.
    but thats pakistani cricket all the way oh yes were very professional! were world beaters on our day! but the fact remains theyre still inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Yeah, tell them boy that you were really dissapointed when Imran lifted the world cup but his team lost to India in 1992 . You would have preferred Imran's team winning against Indian over winning the World Cup finals. You tell them boy.
    Idiot...Sure i said it is something special against India but its not everything in the world.
    >winning agains India ok, but not 100 % necessary for the future...i mean for the team if they play better then....
    But 100 % necessary for the fans....
    Last edited by RealPk; 31-08-2004 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hit4Six
    but thats pakistani cricket all the way oh yes were very professional! were world beaters on our day! but the fact remains theyre still inconsistent
    Did i decline it that they are inconsistent?

International Debutant
    just in respect to the recent debate re the merits of the win / loss for PAK.........

while I can see the importance of a victory over the olde foe in the match, the fact is that they let slip the bigger picture re the bonus point & as such is perhaps an indication as to the levels of professionalism in their cricket????? - that perhaps the individual result on the day means more than the performances / tourneyment as a whole.........

the win allowed them to depart with a bang not a whimper..........particularly when considering who the opposition were at the time..........

IMO PAK are not alone in this 'failing', but perhaps therein lies the difference as to what is expected from their cricket..............and why it will be some time IMO b4 any team from the sub-continent will be able to dominate the game such as the WIN or AUS currently..........

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information