• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Champions Trophy pools

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
Had the SL defeat not been so heavy, they'd still have gone out by 1 point.

As it was, the whole purpose of the match had become to get/prevent the bonus point, and as such it was a mess to allow it to happen off the last ball.
No they wouldnt because then they would everythiing to get the bonuspoint agains Bangladesh and they would get it as you see that Inzi put him at No 6 down.
He would come earlier, if they had a chance to win.

But you can say, that the effort against India was a professional one which ended unlucky. You cant blame on this effort, if they not get the bonus point, since a win is a win. And if this shi* bonus point system hasnt been there, then nobody would talk about this professional effort.

@hti4six:

Cant read?
I said that it was a professional effort since they won the match, but the whole effort in the tournament was not professionally enough to be in the tournament.

marv

Cricket Spectator
New Zealand will knock Australia out in the first round. I can't wait to see that happen...lol

RealPk

marc71178 said:
Professionals don't need to rely on luck.

The Pakistanis were professional enough to win that match , but the effort in the tournament wasnt professional enough to come in the final.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The win was not the aim though.

Any professional side would see that.

They HAD to get the BP and failed through a lack of professionalism.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
RealPk said:
Winning against India is always something special. And the indian brothers could confirm it you.
Yeah, tell them boy that you were really dissapointed when Imran lifted the world cup but his team lost to India in 1992 . You would have preferred Imran's team winning against Indian over winning the World Cup finals. You tell them boy.
:p

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
RealPk said:
@hti4six:

Cant read?
I said that it was a professional effort since they won the match, but the whole effort in the tournament was not professionally enough to be in the tournament.
but thats pakistani cricket all the way oh yes were very professional! were world beaters on our day! but the fact remains theyre still inconsistent

RealPk

Sanz said:
Yeah, tell them boy that you were really dissapointed when Imran lifted the world cup but his team lost to India in 1992 . You would have preferred Imran's team winning against Indian over winning the World Cup finals. You tell them boy.
:p
Idiot...Sure i said it is something special against India but its not everything in the world.
>winning agains India ok, but not 100 % necessary for the future...i mean for the team if they play better then....
But 100 % necessary for the fans....

Last edited:

RealPk

Hit4Six said:
but thats pakistani cricket all the way oh yes were very professional! were world beaters on our day! but the fact remains theyre still inconsistent
Did i decline it that they are inconsistent?

anzac

International Debutant
just in respect to the recent debate re the merits of the win / loss for PAK.........

while I can see the importance of a victory over the olde foe in the match, the fact is that they let slip the bigger picture re the bonus point & as such is perhaps an indication as to the levels of professionalism in their cricket????? - that perhaps the individual result on the day means more than the performances / tourneyment as a whole.........

the win allowed them to depart with a bang not a whimper..........particularly when considering who the opposition were at the time..........

IMO PAK are not alone in this 'failing', but perhaps therein lies the difference as to what is expected from their cricket..............and why it will be some time IMO b4 any team from the sub-continent will be able to dominate the game such as the WIN or AUS currently..........

:D