• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Champions Trophy pools

tooextracool

International Coach
RealPk said:
Hehe, didnt see the Asia Cup?
Hadnt read cricket newspaper?
Hello wake up, Pakistan has now a new coach...
And i think everyone know that if Pakistan plays with their potential they can beat everyone.
The 5:1 of NZ was just mistake of Pakistan..they beat themselve...There was lot of trouble in the team i mean between some players, so that they build groups...
There they didnt play as a team.

But then in the Asia Cup, you saw...A professional effort against India, what you would normally just expect from Australia, but there is some move in the Pakistani Cricket....They are on the way to become the second or even best team of the world. Maybe it would be now a little bit early if Pakistan win against e.g. Australia in the final....But after one year you will se a much improved Pakistani team...
And everyone know, they have the talent to become the best team of the world...
umm i was talking about NZ-SA.......

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Were these two English squads(the one that played against SA and the one that played against NZ) have been performing at the same level ??

This English team lost to really weak WI.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Sanz said:
Were these two English squads(the one that played against SA and the one that played against NZ) have been performing at the same level ??

And i think everyone know that if Pakistan plays with their potential they can beat everyone.
The 5:1 of NZ was just mistake of Pakistan..they beat themselve...There was lot of trouble in the team i mean between some players, so that they build groups...

But then in the Asia Cup, you saw...A professional effort against India, what you would normally just expect from Australia, but there is some move in the Pakistani Cricket....They are on the way to become the second or even best team of the world. Maybe it would be now a little bit early if Pakistan win against e.g. Australia in the final....But after one year you will se a much improved Pakistani team...
And everyone know, they have the talent to become the best team of the world...[/
QUOTE]

pakistan are a very talented bunch granted, and the showing against india was a very professional effort, but at the same time remember the same side got whupped by SL in the same tournament under the same coach. It doesnt make any dofference, one good showingg and one poor showing just confirm pakistans inconsistencies, remember they still missed out on the final because they couldnt keep india under 240. as for improving in one year? it wont make any difference if they have a new coach theyre still making the many of the same mistakes *only my opinion*

RealPk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hit4Six said:

And everyone know, they have the talent to become the best team of the world...[/
QUOTE]

pakistan are a very talented bunch granted, and the showing against india was a very professional effort, but at the same time remember the same side got whupped by SL in the same tournament under the same coach. It doesnt make any dofference, one good showingg and one poor showing just confirm pakistans inconsistencies, remember they still missed out on the final because they couldnt keep india under 240. as for improving in one year? it wont make any difference if they have a new coach theyre still making the many of the same mistakes *only my opinion*

You dont understand...This with Sri Lanka happened before the India - Pakistan match.
And when India just looked for the bonus point, Pakistan wanted secure their win, so that the Indian easyli(but in the end close) got 240...
And Tendulkar was still there, so that it could be very difficult for the pakistani Team in the end. Anything was possible..
They just got in the final, because of the shi* bonus point system...We have already cleared this topic...

Ok, lets wait...you will see....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
which is not that unusual to be honest....

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
any side that includes rikki clarke, anthony mcgrath,troughton and rob key cannot be said to be performing very well either. no SA played poorly last summer and NZ have been extremely professional this summer.

Sanz said:
the WI ODI team isnt very weak i can assure you. gayle is an extremely good ODI all rounder,sarwan averages over 45, and we all know what lara and chanderpaul can do. dwayne bravo and ian bradshaw didnt do too badly in that series either.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
RealPk said:
But then in the Asia Cup, you saw...A professional effort against India, what you would normally just expect from Australia, but there is some move in the Pakistani Cricket....They are on the way to become the second or even best team of the world.

Yet they didn't even reach the final...

RealPk

marc71178 said:
Yet they didn't even reach the final...

Because of the heavy loose against Sri Lanka, but something like that i think will not happen anymore ... But you could always expect everything from Pakistan, as i said ....

RealPk

marc71178 said:
But that's happened since the new coach, so why will it not happen any more?!

No, the opposiite...I think it is and will be a part of the learning process in the next month.
Sure, it is also possible, that they have a match like this again...But it also could be that Pakistan shows a professional effort like against India...
Lets see what will happen ;) :D

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Moin Khan's keeping was not proffessional at all :-D

although i might doom India's chances by saying this...

i think the semi finalists will be..

Oz, India, WI, and England

NZ has not performed against Australia...

WI is the dark horse...Australia will probably win

Waughney

International Debutant
CrimeMasterGogo said:
NZ has not performed against Australia..
I hope your joking Amit, NZ has performed consistently against Australia and as has been said before they are probably our "bogey" ODI side.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Waughney said:
I hope your joking Amit, NZ has performed consistently against Australia and as has been said before they are probably our "bogey" ODI side.
Exactly but without Shane Bond I can't see us beating you :crybaby:

cbuts

International Debutant
i think we have the best winnign percentage aginst aussie over the last 4 years

RealPk

marc71178 said:
Professional effort?

Like letting them get to 241 and thus getting knocked out?

Ok, you are right! Pakistan played just bad! It was a bad day for them thats why they lost the match!!!
-.-

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's not bad, but it's hardly a professional effort.

Pakistan won the game, but weren't professional enough to avoid the bonus point.

Waughney

International Debutant
cbuts said:
i think we have the best winnign percentage aginst aussie over the last 4 years
I was surprised to find NZ had only won 4 of their last 15 ODI matches against Australia, all of them during the 2002 VB series. Australia have won the last 6. The games have been close though, but I didn't expect NZ's winning percenatge to be just 26.7%.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Waughney said:
I was surprised to find NZ had only won 4 of their last 15 ODI matches against Australia, all of them during the 2002 VB series. Australia have won the last 6. The games have been close though, but I didn't expect NZ's winning percenatge to be just 26.7%.
It still could be the best winning percentage over the last couple of years though?...