Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ICC Champions Trophy pools

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    umm im looking at current form, ie within the last year, not what happened between them 3 years ago.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    umm im looking at current form, ie within the last year, not what happened between them 3 years ago.
    Since the last world cup South Africa and NZ have pretty much similar winning %age. Needless to say that majority of NZ wins have been at home (played 11 won 9). They have been average in away/neutral matches.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Since the last world cup South Africa and NZ have pretty much similar winning %age. Needless to say that majority of NZ wins have been at home (played 11 won 9). They have been average in away/neutral matches.

Thats why New Zealand will not have any chance to win the Trophy.

But one thing i dont understand...
    Why do some people count USA to the few countries which can win the trophy?

what ?? I never said NZ are not a good team, I think they are top 3 ODI teams in the world with Aus & SA being other 2. NZ has a good chance to win the Champs trophy as SA.

and how much of that has to do with the 5-0 whitewash that NZ incurred in pakistan when they played with barely half their side?
    i think the 5-1 series win in NZ shows that there is a clear difference between the 2 sides.

and how much of that has to do with the 5-0 whitewash that NZ incurred in pakistan when they played with barely half their side?
    i think the 5-1 series win in NZ shows that there is a clear difference between the 2 sides.
    Hehe, didnt see the Asia Cup?
    Hadnt read cricket newspaper?
    Hello wake up, Pakistan has now a new coach...
    And i think everyone know that if Pakistan plays with their potential they can beat everyone.
    The 5:1 of NZ was just mistake of Pakistan..they beat themselve...There was lot of trouble in the team i mean between some players, so that they build groups...
    There they didnt play as a team.

But then in the Asia Cup, you saw...A professional effort against India, what you would normally just expect from Australia, but there is some move in the Pakistani Cricket....They are on the way to become the second or even best team of the world. Maybe it would be now a little bit early if Pakistan win against e.g. Australia in the final....But after one year you will se a much improved Pakistani team...
    And everyone know, they have the talent to become the best team of the world...

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    I wouldn't get too excited...

Pakistan have a tendency to let everybody down when everybody has high expectations of them. If I were you I wouldn't expect anything from Pakistan, because they are excellent when performing to no expectations.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster
    I wouldn't get too excited...

Pakistan have a tendency to let everybody down when everybody has high expectations of them. If I were you I wouldn't expect anything from Pakistan, because they are excellent when performing to no expectations.

Thats why i said that Pakistan is the dangeroust team in the world...
    And you know they can beat everyone but they also can fly in the first round...
    So i let me surprise and i havent said that i expect anything from Pakistan....
    I just answered to tooextracool...

probably a lot, But you can not ignore the fact NZ is a much better ODI side at home. IMO at neutral playgrounds SA is as good as NZ if not better.

umm NZ just won the natwest series that SA failed in miserably last yr, against what was a fairly similar english side too.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPk
    And i think everyone know that if Pakistan plays with their potential they can beat everyone.
    The 5:1 of NZ was just mistake of Pakistan..they beat themselve...There was lot of trouble in the team i mean between some players, so that they build groups...

But then in the Asia Cup, you saw...A professional effort against India, what you would normally just expect from Australia, but there is some move in the Pakistani Cricket....They are on the way to become the second or even best team of the world. Maybe it would be now a little bit early if Pakistan win against e.g. Australia in the final....But after one year you will se a much improved Pakistani team...
    And everyone know, they have the talent to become the best team of the world...
    umm i was talking about NZ-SA.......

Were these two English squads(the one that played against SA and the one that played against NZ) have been performing at the same level ??

This English team lost to really weak WI.

U19 Debutant
    Were these two English squads(the one that played against SA and the one that played against NZ) have been performing at the same level ??

This English team lost to really weak WI.
    [QUOTE]Hehe, didnt see the Asia Cup?

And everyone know, they have the talent to become the best team of the world...[/
    QUOTE]

pakistan are a very talented bunch granted, and the showing against india was a very professional effort, but at the same time remember the same side got whupped by SL in the same tournament under the same coach. It doesnt make any dofference, one good showingg and one poor showing just confirm pakistans inconsistencies, remember they still missed out on the final because they couldnt keep india under 240. as for improving in one year? it wont make any difference if they have a new coach theyre still making the many of the same mistakes *only my opinion*
    Best batsman = Rahul Dravid
    Best bowler = Muttiah Muralitharan

[QUOTE=Hit4Six]

And everyone know, they have the talent to become the best team of the world...[/
    QUOTE]

pakistan are a very talented bunch granted, and the showing against india was a very professional effort, but at the same time remember the same side got whupped by SL in the same tournament under the same coach. It doesnt make any dofference, one good showingg and one poor showing just confirm pakistans inconsistencies, remember they still missed out on the final because they couldnt keep india under 240. as for improving in one year? it wont make any difference if they have a new coach theyre still making the many of the same mistakes *only my opinion*

You dont understand...This with Sri Lanka happened before the India - Pakistan match.
    And when India just looked for the bonus point, Pakistan wanted secure their win, so that the Indian easyli(but in the end close) got 240...
    And Tendulkar was still there, so that it could be very difficult for the pakistani Team in the end. Anything was possible..
    They just got in the final, because of the shi* bonus point system...We have already cleared this topic...

Ok, lets wait...you will see....

Tim
    which is not that unusual to be honest....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information