• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Who do you reckon will shine throughout this tourney?? Can Tendulkar re-produce his amazing WC form? Can McGrath get back to his best??

Also, new faces. Who do you think are the up and coming stars that could put their stamp on this comp?

And finally, is there any player who has caned this tourney in the past? Can they do their stuff again?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andrew Symonds will carve em up again and Harmison will get smashed to all parts.....

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I predict Pathan will take his 50th ODI wicket in the India vs Pakistan match.

gio

U19 Cricketer
If England stay in the tournament long enough, then Freddie Flintoff will be a good bet. He's scored lots of runs this season, his bowling seems to have a bit more bite to it, and his catching is still spectacular.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
i think its gonna be Sangakkara's tournament this time for Sri lanka.... flintoff for England and dravid for india

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Tendulkar will do good, I predict return to form for Sehwag and Ganguly (top form that is..)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I expect it'll be established stars that shine.

But if they get past the group stage, I've a hunch about Stephen Fleming.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Can McGrath get back to his best??
I take it you're talking about Glenn McGrath, because if it is Anthony McGrath you're on about, I think we know the answer.

NO!!!

(on second thoughts, he might be doing his best and just isn't good enough at international level)

masterblaster

International Captain
AA to take England by storm and take 4 wickets against Kenya and 4 wickets against Pakistan.

*Hopefully I wont jinx the guy*

Sudeep

International Captain
Nikhil4eva said:
Pathan and Tendulkar will shine in this tourny from India
Actually, I believe it might be time Pathan is brought down to earth, during the Champions Trophy.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Sudeep said:
Actually, I believe it might be time Pathan is brought down to earth, during the Champions Trophy.
I think he is down to earth, he tries his hardest everytime.. and has been successful lately..

It's the fans that hype him... They need to be brought down to earth, Pathan has never declared himself as the fast-bowling saviour for India, as fans make him out to be ..

Sudeep

International Captain
delkap said:
I think he is down to earth, he tries his hardest everytime.. and has been successful lately..

It's the fans that hype him... They need to be brought down to earth, Pathan has never declared himself as the fast-bowling saviour for India, as fans make him out to be ..
Exactly what I wanted to say.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sudeep said:
pathan is a champ and i exepct him to continue on with his great form...

Craig

World Traveller
I think Chris Gayle and Dwayne Bravo will have good tournaments for the West Indies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Craig said:
I think Chris Gayle and Dwayne Bravo will have good tournaments for the West Indies.
yea bravo is a champ, an all-rounder for the future IMO.

Craig

World Traveller
Nnanden said:
yea bravo is a champ, an all-rounder for the future IMO.
Despite their woes, you can't deny they don't have talented players coming through, the key is then to grab hold of it ,develop it and install some team unity (that takes some time), get a positive attitude and bring some profesionalism, as well as looking at fixing up domestic cricket.