• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's gonna win?

NikhilN

International Regular
Who do you think will take home the cup this year?

I think India Australia in final and Australia will take it

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its impossible to go past australia, unless you are very silly.....

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Probably Australia. I think New Zealand are in with a chance though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
surely south africa are in with a chance?

pakistan, the windies and england have a lot to prove...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia's bogey tournament, so they have alot to prove. I don't think it is so clear cut. Australia will only have three matches to play after a long break, whereas most other teams have been playing regularly.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I agree mate. I think we'll win, but it will be very tough. Never do well in this one.:(:@

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think that England should make the semis - SL away aren't as strong, and Zimbabwe is weak.

Craig

World Traveller
Everybody said Australia was favourites in 2000 and 2002 but it didn't pan out, so maybe we could see a potential Euro 2004 when nobody in their wildest dreams thought Greece would win, so we could see that here.

New Zealand are playing pretty well in ODIs since Bracewell took over, so they would be my dark horses to take out victory, however, I think they will be semi finalists.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
I think that England should make the semis - SL away aren't as strong, and Zimbabwe is weak.
Given England's recent form in ODIs, I would not be so sure of that.

So in many ways if they win against India in the Natwest Challenge, they would have a massive confidence boost.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Australia's bogey tournament, so they have alot to prove. I don't think it is so clear cut. Australia will only have three matches to play after a long break, whereas most other teams have been playing regularly.
yeh, but we r playing India and pakistan in the warm up tournament, which is enough IMO

Andre

International Regular
Craig said:
Everybody said Australia was favourites in 2000 and 2002 but it didn't pan out, so maybe we could see a potential Euro 2004 when nobody in their wildest dreams thought Greece would win, so we could see that here.

New Zealand are playing pretty well in ODIs since Bracewell took over, so they would be my dark horses to take out victory, however, I think they will be semi finalists.
Considering New Zealand have won this tournament before, and have been in exceptional ODI form, they are hardly dark horses IMO.

To make the semis they will have to get past Australia in the group stages - remember, one loss means the tournament is over for everyone.

Simon

yeh i agree, if NZ win it (which they wont) it will hardly be a shock...

Craig

World Traveller
Andre said:
Considering New Zealand have won this tournament before, and have been in exceptional ODI form, they are hardly dark horses IMO.

To make the semis they will have to get past Australia in the group stages - remember, one loss means the tournament is over for everyone.
Which makes the game v Australia even more exciting then any Australia v New Zealand clash.

Would you consider New Zealand favourites or more likely outsiders out of the usual Australia, South Africa, India etc.?

Andre

International Regular
My personal feelings - and I'm quite sure a few people would agree with me - are that the winner of the Australia and New Zealand match wins the tournament.

DJellett

International Debutant
Yes.

However, I remain (un)patriotic....GO ZIMBABWE!
Stewart Matsikenyeri to average 250 for the tournament and hit the first evr ODI double hundred....

It might happen....

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Andre said:
remember, one loss means the tournament is over for everyone.
Not necceserily(sp.) If Aus beat USA, USA shockingly beat NZ on D/Lewis folloing a shocking mis-calculation and NZ beat Aus it goes to Net Run Rate or something :p so...Meh :P:P

gio

U19 Cricketer
Australia will be more vulnerable early on in the tournament so I think NZ could well beat them. They've already got experience of English conditions this summer and their attack will suit the september conditions.

India are always up there to win ODIs, and you can't rule out SA. Sri Lanka have a decent chance considering they just beat Pakistan and India to the Asia Cup. I'd be amazed if England won it, they just aren't good enough at OD cricket at the moment.