• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's gonna win?

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Crimemastergogo - AankheiN Nikaal ke gotiyaN Kheloonga.. Hahahaha :lol:
I'll translate that to English for others:

I'll take out your eyeballs, and play marbles with it !!

Lot funnier in Hindi :D

Craig

World Traveller
DJellett said:
Yes.

However, I remain (un)patriotic....GO ZIMBABWE!
Stewart Matsikenyeri to average 250 for the tournament and hit the first evr ODI double hundred....

It might happen....
Can you please pass me what you are smoking?

Come to think of it, no thanks as I don't smoke.

Craig

World Traveller
Andre said:
My personal feelings - and I'm quite sure a few people would agree with me - are that the winner of the Australia and New Zealand match wins the tournament.
I wouldn't be so sure.

On India's day and should they make the semi or final they could blow anybody away, just like Pakistan and South Africa have a very good chance.

Piper

International Captain
Andre said:
My personal feelings - and I'm quite sure a few people would agree with me - are that the winner of the Australia and New Zealand match wins the tournament.
I agree, New Zealand and Australia have really good ODI's sides, so that match will probably tell you who is most likely to win.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
india to win every match, face the USA in the finals...and then lose to them, thus giving the usa their first ever trophy and india losing...in a final...once again...

anzac

International Debutant
I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere but..............

my pick for the teams to watch will be those that show they can bat 1st and get a result..............the current overwhelming trend has been for the teams batting 2nd to have a big advantage................

NZL broke the trend when they won the Tri-Series final v WIN - the only time it was done in the series.............
AUS have the credentials to do so...............
but there must be BIIIG question marks next to just about everyone else on current form - including ENG unless they manage to do it in the current NatWest series v IND........

anzac

International Debutant
so far as the actual teams go...........

A - IMO AUS are vulnerable esp to NZL in the early stages of any comp - this one will be no different & perhaps even more so given injuries etc - so NZL slight favs perhaps but still concerns re the potential fragility of Styris, Macca, Cairns, Oram, McCullum, Vettori, Tuffey etc.........still no stickability below #3 IMO...........

B - a lottery - should be RSA but a Test & ODI series whitewash does not bode well even if it was in SRL..............whereas WIN made the final of the NatWest series & are acclimatised to ENG pitches..............so WIN???????????

C - another lottery - will depend on PAK consistency & whether the IND batting lineup can get on top of the PAK attack..........on current performance v ENG I'd say not..............so PAK slightly ahead.......

D - only clear result for me is ENG to go thru' as SRL without Murali is not the same threat - esp in ENG conditions..........

Semis.........
NZL v ENG - recent form favours NZL, but a Home crowd & confidence can do wonders..........the 'x' factor will be NZL batsmen being able to survive the Harmison overs with enough wickets left to mount a score....

WIN v PAK - potentially the batting can cancel each other out, PAK bowling is stronger on paper & I'd favour them to go thru' - particularly if Razzaq gets going with the bat..........

Final.........
favs for me would be the winner of the NZL / ENG semi, as I can not see PAK putting together enough consistant performances to win the Tourney even if it is shorter than most...........

Dark Horses for me would be IND & RSA, but again IMO IND rely too heavily on being able to mount a large score & use the high RRR to aid their bowling attack.......in ENG I do not think they will be able to post big enough targets to use this against the better batting lineups...........