• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's gonna win?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
DJellett said:
Yes.

However, I remain (un)patriotic....GO ZIMBABWE!
Stewart Matsikenyeri to average 250 for the tournament and hit the first evr ODI double hundred....

It might happen....
ummmmm no. :D

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Everybody said Australia was favourites in 2000 and 2002 but it didn't pan out, so maybe we could see a potential Euro 2004 when nobody in their wildest dreams thought Greece would win, so we could see that here.

New Zealand are playing pretty well in ODIs since Bracewell took over, so they would be my dark horses to take out victory, however, I think they will be semi finalists.
So if a rank outsider (like Greece in euro) is gonna win it.. Kenya would be excited (WC semis afterall) :D

Anyhow,

Aust are pretty much sure to reach the finals ...
I guess apart from em, Ind, SA will be in for a chance... NZ too if they manage to get past Aus..

BTW what r the 4 groups ?
I know Aus, NZ, USA
Ind, Pak, Kenya
Eng, Zim, SL
WI, SA, Ban

but which group is A, B, C, and D ?? cos semis are between B-C and A-D winners

masterblaster

International Captain
You never know, Kenya might end up beating India.
As good as India can be, they can be pretty ordinary and Kenya has had the wood on us before, so I wouldn't rule out anything.

India have a superb record in Champions Trophy Competitions, but for them to win this time, they're going to have to apply themselves.

If they play the way they did in Sri Lanka just now, their going home early.

Yasir_194

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan all the way

I think pakistan r dark horses 4 this tournemant evry1s talking about the usual suspects aus, ind and a good Nz team but no1 had mentioned pakistan, there is no pressure on them 2 win this competition as no1 is expecting them 2 and we all know if they click they r world beaters

Piper

International Captain
I think there are many who could win it. Australia who are probably favourites, but New Zealand are doing well in the ODI's so i cant put it past them. I cant see England doing anything, with their performances in the last few ODI's. But i cant put it past South Africa either, so i think everyone really has a chance... :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Piper said:
I think there are many who could win it. Australia who are probably favourites, but New Zealand are doing well in the ODI's so i cant put it past them. I cant see England doing anything, with their performances in the last few ODI's. But i cant put it past South Africa either, so i think everyone really has a chance... :)
did u get splinters from sitting on that fence?!?!

Piper

International Captain
broncoman said:
did u get splinters from sitting on that fence?!?!
So what if im sitting on the fence, its just my opinion, and i am allowed that arent i?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeh, everyone is, but give us a tip, anyone can spit out 4 teams and look like a genius when they win it....

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know why everyone is writing England off, so much depends on the toss, if they get lucky they could easily get to the final, remember they might have been poor batting first but they still haven't lost batting second since the world cup (although they haven't won batting first since the WC :D ). Even given the recent form i would back England to beat Sri Lanka in English conditions.

A lot of luck may decide who gets to the semi's but i still think Australia will win.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
i have a feeling an asian side will win this tournament...
I would be surprised if they did - not the conditions they'll be used to by any stretch of the imagination.

One of India or Pakistan will make the semis, but it wouldn't surprise if that was the best an Asian side did.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
South Africa and Sri Lanka seem to have pretty easy passages to the semis
If this were being in SL then they would have a pretty easy passage, but mid-September England is a massive difference, and don't forget they're not the best travellers.

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't think SL has a chance at all...

India...we have no idea...of course the pitches will be better than they were in SL...and we've done well in England before..

NZ seems the most likely...Australia are not the same side mentally that they were under Waugh....I think Fleming will be able to beat Ponting as far as mind games are concerned...

I'm surprised nobody is mentioning WI....they have a very powerful batting lineup..even though their bowling is trash...

USA will get hammered...although I want them to beat Australia just so we can laugh at the Australian fans here...

(I shouldn't be saying anything...Kenya might beat us and get to the semis ahead of Pak and India...)