• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Squad selected

V Reddy

International Debutant
Patel makes way for Karthik as predicted by most of CW members. Zaheer is dropped for Agarkar while Gavaskar pips Dinesh Mongia for the 15th spot in the squad

Pretty good squad for me :cool:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Did you know we both posted this at the same time?

Inclusion of Dinesh was not a bad idea.

Agarkar's return was a formality, given Zaheer's injuries, though Salvi and Bhandari deserved recalls.

Good to see Rohan back- he is a big match player who can be useful at more than one skill.

Harbhajan should not have played, since the Indians will be hosting the Australians for a Test series, and he should have been kept back for that. Ramesh Powar deserved another chance, given his all-round abilities, lacking in every player in this team.

And the fielding still remains weak, especially with the captain being a non-performer in the field. Surprisingly, Ganguly still stays as captain. Otherwise, a good team, but given its similarities with teams that have lost 10 ODI finals, will they win this series? Who knows.... we might see an Indian team winning an ODI series after 2 years.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
badani?? whats wrong with him?
i thought he was good enough to replace kaif in the 11, but he is not even picked in the squad.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
At last Dinesh Karthik gets into the team and I hope he does well. But all you supporter of DK, I will be watching him. :). Rohan Gavaskar deserves his place, I hope he plays some games in place of VVS.

Good to see AA back for Zaheer.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Raj123 said:
badani?? whats wrong with him?
i thought he was good enough to replace kaif in the 11, but he is not even picked in the squad.
Neither was Dinesh Mohgia. What's wrong with him?? Exactly the same thing as Bandani, the selectors don't believe he's good enough to get into the squad-so don't moan

Last edited:

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Good thing they have picked Dinesh Karthik in place of Patel.

IMO kaif should be dropped and Badani should be in.

and VVS should be kicked out.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Neither was Dinesh Mohgia. What's wrong with him?? Exactly the same thing as Bandani, the selectors don't believe he's god enough to get into the squad-so don't moan
to begin with i'm not moaning, just trying to have a discussion, which is what you do on this site.
and about badani- the last couple of times he played, he saved the team from (complete) embarassment, so he deserves a place.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
ReallyCrazy said:
Good thing they have picked Dinesh Karthik in place of Patel.

IMO kaif should be dropped and Badani should be in.

and VVS should be kicked out.
who would you put at 3.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Arjun said:
Did you know we both posted this at the same time?

Inclusion of Dinesh was not a bad idea.

Agarkar's return was a formality, given Zaheer's injuries, though Salvi and Bhandari deserved recalls.

Good to see Rohan back- he is a big match player who can be useful at more than one skill.

Harbhajan should not have played, since the Indians will be hosting the Australians for a Test series, and he should have been kept back for that. Ramesh Powar deserved another chance, given his all-round abilities, lacking in every player in this team.

And the fielding still remains weak, especially with the captain being a non-performer in the field. Surprisingly, Ganguly still stays as captain. Otherwise, a good team, but given its similarities with teams that have lost 10 ODI finals, will they win this series? Who knows.... we might see an Indian team winning an ODI series after 2 years.
mate, you are the only person who is suprised...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
masterblaster said:
Agarkar is Back!

It's about time that Zaheer was dropped.
its only because of injury i think... but im sooo glad agarkar is back!!!! still trying to figure out why he was dropped...

V Reddy

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
It's about time that Zaheer was dropped.
But he was just getting into the groove. He was bowling near the 140's [first time i think since the world cup] and though a lot of runs were scored against quite a few of them went through the slips and the last over against Sri Lanka was just superb. The only guy i would have replaced is Balaji in the present team minus AA for AA as he has just completely lost form but would have tilted towards giving him a few more games.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
maybe they want him to get completely fit for the test series later on in the year. anyway in ODI's nehra, zaheer and AA are about the same so shouldnt make too much of a difference.

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Arjun said:
Surprisingly, Ganguly still stays as captain. QUOTE]

Are you serious?

This is the same person who has backed Yuvraj, Kaif, Zaheer, Sehwag, Harbajan, Irfan....basically every new player who has performed well in international cricket...

India would not have gotten to the finals of the WC if SCG had not been captain....

Kaif sneaks into the team based on his NatWest performance....

It would have been exciting to see a new fast bowler...India should have selected different squads for the Holland Cup and those side matches with England...we could have blooded Munaf and Salvi, and worked out the batting order...

We keep looking at short term goals...and now we won't be prepared for the Champions trophy...

Apparently the Holland Cup and Champions Trophy are of equal importance