• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian One Day Squad Named

howardj

International Coach
Nnanden said:
haha what a dominating call for ur first post!! batting-wise watson has got it, bowling-wise its harvey. aussies search for an all-rounder continues... on that, what about LEHMANN? he is a very capable spinner, why isnt he in as an all-rounder?!?
Search continues?? I think, with respect, you're maybe overlooking the scope for improvement with the aforementioned players. In my view, as all-rounders, you wont see huge strides being made by Harvey or Lehmann. Both have been around forever- both have basically peaked as cricketers.

By contrast, at 23, Watson has huge potential. He'd be the one of the few guys in world cricket who, at the first class level, is averaging virtually 50 with the bat, and under 30 with the ball. Furthermore, so far in ODI's, his economy rate is 4.5. Such an economy rate calculates out to scores of 220/230- which, by today's standards, are very low.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
howardj said:
Search continues?? I think, with respect, you're maybe overlooking the scope for improvement with the aforementioned players. In my view, as all-rounders, you wont see huge strides being made by Harvey or Lehmann. Both have been around forever- both have basically peaked as cricketers.

By contrast, at 23, Watson has huge potential. He'd be the one of the few guys in world cricket who, at the first class level, is averaging virtually 50 with the bat, and under 30 with the ball. Furthermore, so far in ODI's, his economy rate is 4.5. Such an economy rate calculates out to scores of 220/230- which, by today's standards, are very low.
yes... theyve peaked and lehmann is currently doing awesome. my point being why is he not bowling more in ODIs as the all-rounder in the team (6 bats, 1 ar, 4 bowlers or the like) if aussie are searching for an all-rounder then id pick lehmann.

i really like watson, but somehow i doubt he will be bowling too well... i dunno maybe he will. his stats in one-dayers arent hugely impressive.
and his bowling economy isnt 4.5, it is 4.62. this makes a huge difference, and if you want to stay on these forums and not be banned i suggest you get your facts right!! :p :wacko: :blink: :p
i think he could be a great test-player, but i hope he gets the ODI spot and does well in it. his od economy rate is 5.1 and hopefully that will go down with time and experience. go aussie go.

howardj

International Coach
Nnanden said:
yes... theyve peaked and lehmann is currently doing awesome. my point being why is he not bowling more in ODIs as the all-rounder in the team (6 bats, 1 ar, 4 bowlers or the like) if aussie are searching for an all-rounder then id pick lehmann.

i really like watson, but somehow i doubt he will be bowling too well... i dunno maybe he will. his stats in one-dayers arent hugely impressive.
and his bowling economy isnt 4.5, it is 4.62. this makes a huge difference, and if you want to stay on these forums and not be banned i suggest you get your facts right!! :p :wacko: :blink: :p
i think he could be a great test-player, but i hope he gets the ODI spot and does well in it. his od economy rate is 5.1 and hopefully that will go down with time and experience. go aussie go.
Sorry chief, but Lehmann's ODI economy rate is 4.72, while Watson's is 4.62. By your standards, this constitutes a "huge difference"!

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would have goine with Maher over Haddin.

His batting is obviously heaps better, and Ive seen Maher keep, and hes not that bad, especially comapred to Haddin.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prince EWS said:
I would have goine with Maher over Haddin.

His batting is obviously heaps better, and Ive seen Maher keep, and hes not that bad, especially comapred to Haddin.
Never has a truer post been posted. :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
howardj said:
Sorry chief, but Lehmann's ODI economy rate is 4.72, while Watson's is 4.62. By your standards, this constitutes a "huge difference"!
i was joking (via some four smileys posted). then inspector, what is lehmanns bowling average compared to watson?? HMM?!?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
i was joking (via some four smileys posted). then inspector, what is lehmanns bowling average compared to watson?? HMM?!?
Don't worry Nnanden, HowardJ like his namesake is yet to grasp the concept of humour. :p

Which is probably why this post will be ripped to shreads :blink: