Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Australian One Day Squad Named

I think Shane Watson will end the career of Ian Harvey.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Harvey is a batting nuffy at International level & Lee is a better bowler and has show some capabilities with the bat, which, for mine, gives the edge to Lee.
    yeh fair call, but we were arguing over lees batting to harveys yea?

I wouldn't mind if Lee plays aswell instead of Harvey, afterall Lee is a better batsman than Harvey.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    I think Shane Watson will end the career of Ian Harvey.
    haha what a dominating call for ur first post!! batting-wise watson has got it, bowling-wise its harvey. aussies search for an all-rounder continues...

on that, what about LEHMANN? he is a very capable spinner, why isnt he in as an all-rounder?!? hes quite a good bowler IMO. not amazing but hes got some good stats. keeps things tight.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    yeh fair call, but we were arguing over lees batting to harveys yea?
    Well, IMO Lee is a better batsman than Harvey when it comes to ODIs.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Burger Time Champion!
    Well, Well, Well...Haddin shows how pathetic he is by getting out cheaply. Poor shot!

International Debutant Waughney's Avatar
    Outback Aus. Answer's yes, the middle of nowhere
    Yeah, bad way to get out. The Aussie selectors would've expected more of him.
    Member of MSC - Murali Supporters Club

I'm not too dissimilar a batsman to Bradman.
    Both of us have batting averages below 100.

haha what a dominating call for ur first post!! batting-wise watson has got it, bowling-wise its harvey. aussies search for an all-rounder continues... on that, what about LEHMANN? he is a very capable spinner, why isnt he in as an all-rounder?!?
    Search continues?? I think, with respect, you're maybe overlooking the scope for improvement with the aforementioned players. In my view, as all-rounders, you wont see huge strides being made by Harvey or Lehmann. Both have been around forever- both have basically peaked as cricketers.

By contrast, at 23, Watson has huge potential. He'd be the one of the few guys in world cricket who, at the first class level, is averaging virtually 50 with the bat, and under 30 with the ball. Furthermore, so far in ODI's, his economy rate is 4.5. Such an economy rate calculates out to scores of 220/230- which, by today's standards, are very low.
    Last edited by howardj; 24-08-2004 at 06:27 AM.

Search continues?? I think, with respect, you're maybe overlooking the scope for improvement with the aforementioned players. In my view, as all-rounders, you wont see huge strides being made by Harvey or Lehmann. Both have been around forever- both have basically peaked as cricketers.

By contrast, at 23, Watson has huge potential. He'd be the one of the few guys in world cricket who, at the first class level, is averaging virtually 50 with the bat, and under 30 with the ball. Furthermore, so far in ODI's, his economy rate is 4.5. Such an economy rate calculates out to scores of 220/230- which, by today's standards, are very low.
    yes... theyve peaked and lehmann is currently doing awesome. my point being why is he not bowling more in ODIs as the all-rounder in the team (6 bats, 1 ar, 4 bowlers or the like) if aussie are searching for an all-rounder then id pick lehmann.

i really like watson, but somehow i doubt he will be bowling too well... i dunno maybe he will. his stats in one-dayers arent hugely impressive.
    and his bowling economy isnt 4.5, it is 4.62. this makes a huge difference, and if you want to stay on these forums and not be banned i suggest you get your facts right!!
    i think he could be a great test-player, but i hope he gets the ODI spot and does well in it. his od economy rate is 5.1 and hopefully that will go down with time and experience. go aussie go.

yes... theyve peaked and lehmann is currently doing awesome. my point being why is he not bowling more in ODIs as the all-rounder in the team (6 bats, 1 ar, 4 bowlers or the like) if aussie are searching for an all-rounder then id pick lehmann.

i really like watson, but somehow i doubt he will be bowling too well... i dunno maybe he will. his stats in one-dayers arent hugely impressive.
    and his bowling economy isnt 4.5, it is 4.62. this makes a huge difference, and if you want to stay on these forums and not be banned i suggest you get your facts right!!
    i think he could be a great test-player, but i hope he gets the ODI spot and does well in it. his od economy rate is 5.1 and hopefully that will go down with time and experience. go aussie go.
    Sorry chief, but Lehmann's ODI economy rate is 4.72, while Watson's is 4.62. By your standards, this constitutes a "huge difference"!
    Last edited by howardj; 24-08-2004 at 07:32 AM.

I would have goine with Maher over Haddin.

His batting is obviously heaps better, and Ive seen Maher keep, and hes not that bad, especially comapred to Haddin.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS
    I would have goine with Maher over Haddin.

His batting is obviously heaps better, and Ive seen Maher keep, and hes not that bad, especially comapred to Haddin.
    Never has a truer post been posted.

Sorry chief, but Lehmann's ODI economy rate is 4.72, while Watson's is 4.62. By your standards, this constitutes a "huge difference"!
    i was joking (via some four smileys posted). then inspector, what is lehmanns bowling average compared to watson?? HMM?!?

Burger Time Champion!
    i was joking (via some four smileys posted). then inspector, what is lehmanns bowling average compared to watson?? HMM?!?
    Don't worry Nnanden, HowardJ like his namesake is yet to grasp the concept of humour.

Which is probably why this post will be ripped to shreads

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    A four game one week tournament, what is the point in even going?
    *KA-CHINGGGGGGG*
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    And the poor organisers are well out of pocket!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information