• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian One Day Squad Named

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
when was the last time any of the other FC keepers around Aus did anything of note with the bat???

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Secombe had his best season by far with the bat this year. Hartley got a century on debut. Manou got several 50s and opened a few times for South Australia. They both have done tons more than Haddin.

Simon

ok take Seccombe out of it, we know he wont be picked in an Aus 1d side, Hartley has barley played and is his states 2nd choice keeper, Manou im not convinced on, he had anumber of poor seasons and played a couple of decent innings, Haddin has scored centuries and peformed to a reasonable standard in the chances hes had...

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Secombe had his best season by far with the bat this year. Hartley got a century on debut. Manou got several 50s and opened a few times for South Australia. They both have done tons more than Haddin.
Agreed.
I have often wondered who Gilchrist's successor would be - I hope it is not Haddin.

Simon

Jnr. said:
Agreed.
I have often wondered who Gilchrist's successor would be - I hope it is not Haddin.
hopefully we wont need one yet, hartley again is the obvious choice, but im giving my full backing to tasmania's second 11 keeper David Dawson, he will take the cricketing world by storm if given a chance :D

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
ok take Seccombe out of it, we know he wont be picked in an Aus 1d side, Hartley has barley played and is his states 2nd choice keeper, Manou im not convinced on, he had anumber of poor seasons and played a couple of decent innings, Haddin has scored centuries and peformed to a reasonable standard in the chances hes had...
Honestly Simon, how can you say he has performed when he's had his chances. He is look sub-standard with the gloves, and instists on trying to murder everything over mid-wicket when he bats. The only good thing I have to say about him is that he looks like Ian Healy. But I don't know that that's a good thing, afterall Healy isn't the most handsome of characters.

Simon

so we are picking our keepers on looks now?
god knows how rod marsh ever played for Australia!

ash chaulk

International Captain
isnt haddin near his 30's anyways??? if so....

Gilly should be around till Haddins mid 30's therfore Haddin Won't be Gilly's successor

sorry if im wrong

Simon

you wont be far off, Haddin isnt a long term keeper i dont think, but the number 2 man in the short term...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
That's assuming they beat Pakistan - recent form suggests that's not a foregone conclusion.
They won't need to beat Pakistan to reach the final if they beat Australia and Pakistan play like they can.

Simon

ash chaulk said:
naa i ve got the NFL to worry about unless cricket is played on sundays locally
LOL, you wouldnt find too many American football players in aus would you????

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Simons right (i think it was simon anyway) in that Haddin is the best option from a bad bunch, i haven't seen Hartley play but hes supposed to be quite good, will have to wait and see.

Simon

age_master said:
Simons right (i think it was simon anyway) in that Haddin is the best option from a bad bunch, i haven't seen Hartley play but hes supposed to be quite good, will have to wait and see.
yeh it was me and u've gotten it spot on...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i definately think haddin should be going... the last few times Ive seen him play for NSW in ODs hes done alright. he has really sucked for aus tho hey?

and why leave out bracken!!?!?!?!? far out, having a ODI bowling average of 19 surely has to count for something... My ODI team would be:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Bevan
Lehmann
Martyn
Symonds
Lee
Gillespie
Bracken
McGrath

I know this wont happen, but it is what I would do. Still leaving out Clarke and Hogg there though... personally I think they will go for:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Symonds
Lehmann
Clarke
Hogg
Lee
Gillespie
McGrath

or thereabouts. what do you guys think?

Mister Wright

Nnanden said:
i definately think haddin should be going... the last few times Ive seen him play for NSW in ODs hes done alright. he has really sucked for aus tho hey?

and why leave out bracken!!?!?!?!? far out, having a ODI bowling average of 19 surely has to count for something... My ODI team would be:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Bevan
Lehmann
Martyn
Symonds
Lee
Gillespie
Bracken
McGrath

I know this wont happen, but it is what I would do. Still leaving out Clarke and Hogg there though... personally I think they will go for:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Symonds
Lehmann
Clarke
Hogg
Lee
Gillespie
McGrath

or thereabouts. what do you guys think?
For starters Kasprowicz is twice the bowler Bracken is.

Second you can't just throw Lee in after a few months out and replace Kasprowicz who is in great form...