• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian One Day Squad Named

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
yeh Haddin is certainly the next best keeper batsman, really i dont think theres anyone else to fill the void in 1 day cricket....
WHich doesn't say much about Australia's wicket keeping stocks.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
No stereotyping there then?

I guess Liam and you will be attending the series with those incentives?
I don't know about Liam, unfortunatly I won't be going (have always wanted to go to Holland).

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
That's assuming they beat Pakistan - recent form suggests that's not a foregone conclusion.
If youre talking of foregone conclusions , maybe India doesnt even need to beat Pakistan .

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Manou lol, hes got nothing, im not confident enough with campbells keeping, seccombe doesnt score fast enough, clingleffer is just rank and that leaves Haddin as a best of the rest.

maybe this Chirs Hartley bloke will be good in a few years....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
Manou lol, hes got nothing, im not confident enough with campbells keeping, seccombe doesnt score fast enough, clingleffer is just rank and that leaves Haddin as a best of the rest.

maybe this Chirs Hartley bloke will be good in a few years....
Chris Hartley is ready now.

Fair enough Secombe doesn't score fast enough, but at least he scores.

Simon

well why isnt hartley playing FC cricket?
theres no way they would throw him into the Aus ODI squad when hes not even his states first choice!

Steulen

International Regular
This forum clearly lacks a Dutchman.

Well, no more.

I'm actually going to the Amsterdam Tri Series matches. Probably not on my bicycle, though, and definitely not with a joint. People'd think I'm a tourist.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
Chris Hartley is ready now.

Fair enough Secombe doesn't score fast enough, but at least he scores.
Doesnt really need to score terribly fast anyway, someone else can fill the openers role.
I dunno, perhaps Im being a bit harsh on Haddin, but I definately agree with Mr Wright in saying Campbell is miles infront of Haddin 'keeping wise, and batting wise. Although, I think hes actually undergone surgery so he's probably out. I just dont think Haddin is much good with the gloves, thats all. If they were picking him as a batsman, I wouldnt care much one way or the other.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
well why isnt hartley playing FC cricket?
theres no way they would throw him into the Aus ODI squad when hes not even his states first choice!
You said he would be ready in a few years, hell he's ready now. Only thing is Secombe will stay on for a few years yet, or maybe he will be unselfish and step aside. However, while Secombe still has a realistic (while ever so slight) chance of making the Australian side, he will stay on.

But Hartley is definitely Australia's next long term option as national keeper.

Craig

World Traveller
Steulen said:
This forum clearly lacks a Dutchman.

Well, no more.

I'm actually going to the Amsterdam Tri Series matches. Probably not on my bicycle, though, and definitely not with a joint. People'd think I'm a tourist.
HAHAHA.

Welcome aboard.

Steulen

International Regular
BTW, if Australia had really been interested in winning the Amsterdam Tri Series, they'd have included Seccombe. He's been playing in the Dutch domestic league this season. He knows conditions and the grounds like no other.

ash chaulk

International Captain
that would be smart.

But what about Jimmy Mahers hidden talents... Luke Ronchi, Crosswaite the under 21/23 keeper i think.

and isnt brett lee out still???

Simon

lee is back ash,

Theres no way we will pick a guy that doesnt keep at FC level, the Maher experiment failed, Haddin is just the best of a bad bunch....

Simon

Steulen said:
BTW, if Australia had really been interested in winning the Amsterdam Tri Series, they'd have included Seccombe. He's been playing in the Dutch domestic league this season. He knows conditions and the grounds like no other.
its not that serious, we should be able to beat pakistan and india in the antarctic at the moment....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
lee is back ash,

Theres no way we will pick a guy that doesnt keep at FC level, the Maher experiment failed, Haddin is just the best of a bad bunch IMO....

I've edited your post to what it should be. Because there are some of us here that don't think Haddin is the best of anything...

Andre

International Regular
I have to agree that Haddin has got a fairly easy ride into the squad. IMO, he's bloody lucky that Nathan Pilon has left NSW because I reckon he should have had his spot in the NSW side last year. Ryan Campbell is having groin surgery, so he is out of the frame. That, realistically, leaves Haddin, Seccombe and Manou for the gig, and I suppose that Haddin's allegedly superior batting gives him the place.

Mister Wright

Andre said:
I have to agree that Haddin has got a fairly easy ride into the squad. IMO, he's bloody lucky that Nathan Pilon has left NSW because I reckon he should have had his spot in the NSW side last year. Ryan Campbell is having groin surgery, so he is out of the frame. That, realistically, leaves Haddin, Seccombe and Manou for the gig, and I suppose that Haddin's allegedly superior batting gives him the place.
That's probably the case. When was the last time Haddin reached double figures?

Simon

Mister Wright said:
I've edited your post to what it should be. Because there are some of us here that don't think Haddin is the best of anything...
how is it possible that anyone behind Haddin is better, he has made centuries at List A level, basically no one he is competing with has!
as far as i know, most people agree with me saying hes the best of a bad bunch, so i wont be using IMO