• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Left Handed Batsman who bowls right handed

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
I gave it a thought and it was Ganguly who came to my mind.

Anyone better in this mould than Ganguly with 5000 test runs and 25 test wickets.

Your thoughts??

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ramkumar_gr said:

Anyone better in this mould than Ganguly with 5000 test runs and 25 test wickets.

Your thoughts??
Sir Richard Hadlee is a slightly better all-round cricketer than Sourav.

However, a fairer comparison might be Clive Lloyd, who was pretty useful with the ball before injuring his back.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Dasa said:
Just what I was going to say.

Graeme Smith bowls right-handed as well...so does Hayden.
Smith has not scored 5000 runs and Hayden has not taken 25 wickets.

So Ganguly is the best.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It depends which way you're looking at it. If you're simply arguing who is the better batsman, well I reckon Hayden is overall a better test batsman than Ganguly. However Ganguly is light years ahead of Hayden when it comes to ODIs, despite Hayden's average. Lara's better than both of them though.

But if you're actually taking their bowling into account, has to be Ganguly since he at least bowled fairly regularly. I remember Hayden bowling during Laxman and Dravid's partnership at Kolkata in 2001 though. LOL!

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Jono said:
It depends which way you're looking at it. If you're simply arguing who is the better batsman, well I reckon Hayden is overall a better test batsman than Ganguly. However Ganguly is light years ahead of Hayden when it comes to ODIs, despite Hayden's average. Lara's better than both of them though.

But if you're actually taking their bowling into account, has to be Ganguly since he at least bowled fairly regularly. I remember Hayden bowling during Laxman and Dravid's partnership at Kolkata in 2001 though. LOL!
Your views are spot on. and I started this thread taking also the bowling into account.
and by that view, Ganguly seems to be the best.

In fact, Hayden bowled reasonably well in that Calcutta test , went past the bat a few times.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
Talking to yourself and then starting to laugh is the first sign of madness.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ponting bowled pretty decently too. He had a few LBW shouts that were pretty close, just hit the batsman outside the line of off-stump.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pratyush said:
Talking to yourself and then starting to laugh is the first sign of madness.
Pratyush :@ ;)

Firstly I wasn't talking to myself, and secondly I was laughing at the fact that he bowled, not a joke I made :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
Pratyush :@ ;)

Firstly I wasn't talking to myself, and secondly I was laughing at the fact that he bowled, not a joke I made :p
Ya go on. Defend yourself. You will convince us surely! :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ramkumar_gr said:
are you a die-hard fan of Ponting?
No why? I just remember all the Australian batsman bowling during that innings. Found it funny seeing how rare it was that every Australian player except the keeper bowled.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Jono said:
No why? I just remember all the Australian batsman bowling during that innings. Found it funny seeing how rare it was that every Australian player except the keeper bowled.

How about Gayle? He seems to bowl more overs and take more wickets than the regulars these days.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
ramkumar_gr said:

Your thoughts??
what is with you tailoring threads so amazingly tightly to make Indian players appear good.

Hadlee craps on Ganguly's head

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
what is with you tailoring threads so amazingly tightly to make Indian players appear good.
How is he doing that? His threads just seem to me to be about curious things that no one ever asks about but are interesting all the same...you're the one who is turning it into something about nationality.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
In ODs I think Gayle probably has a fair claim these days.

In Tests, outside of Ganguly, Curtly Ambrose wasn't a bad bowler who batted left handed :p

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
In ODs I think Gayle probably has a fair claim these days.

In Tests, outside of Ganguly, Curtly Ambrose wasn't a bad bowler who batted left handed :p
That is a good spot vics. i have been struggling to find regular fast bowlers who bat left handed.

Otherway around i.e. bowls left handed and bats right handed, there would be a big list,
especially most of the left arm spin bowlers who played for India (Raju, Shashtri, Maninder, Ajay Sharma) and fast bowlers Zaheer and Nehra and also Brendon Julian of Australia.