• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Suspect it is going to absolutely piss down here in Adelaide in a couple of hours. Need to just keep on batting sensibly here

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daniel Hughes tragically misses out on carrying his bat - eighth out for 30.

What a complete **** show NSW is this year.

TheJediBrah

This game would mean a lot more if they hadn't already picked the Test squad

Imagine the tension if it was essentially a bat-off (you know what I mean) between Renshaw, Harris & Hunt for the back-up batsman in the squad

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
No thats an absolutely terrible idea imo

That sort of impulsive thinking simply isn't the way, need a significantly larger sample size to really make an informed judgement

TheJediBrah

I love it. So much drama. You're not going to use it unless you've got 2 players with an equal, or relatively equal, claim on selection.

I remember an Aus A game right before the 2003 World Cup was announced where Langer and Jimmy Maher were opening together and it was unofficially a competition between the 2 of them as to who would get the spot as back-up, part-time keeper.

Jimmy Maher ran Langer out and went on to make a hundred, booked his spot in the squad and played a handful of ODIs as keeper when Gilchrist was rested. If things had gone a bit differently in that game Langer might have had an ODI career.

TheJediBrah

Obviously it's not great in isolation to pick someone on the back of just 1 or 2 scores. That's the kind of thinking that got Bancroft in the team in 2017

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No thats an absolutely terrible idea imo

That sort of impulsive thinking simply isn't the way, need a significantly larger sample size to really make an informed judgement
Yeah picking someone based on one game like that is insane. If it's already a total toss-up then that's one thing but selectors get paid to have more confident opinions than 'who scored runs this week?'

I don't think he was necessarily advocating for it though, just saying it would've meant more and been more fun to follow. Which is true.

TheJediBrah

GAS always assumes the worst of me after he found out one year there was a Shield game I didn't watch in totality

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah picking someone based on one game like that is insane. If it's already a total toss-up then that's one thing but selectors get paid to have more confident opinions than 'who scored runs this week?'

I don't think he was necessarily advocating for it though, just saying it would've meant more and been more fun to follow. Which is true.
Ehh fair enough, it would make for interesting cricket for sure, but being interesting is irrelevant when it comes to actually selecting a team to win games of Test cricket

Spikey

i had a joke lined up that he just performed better for NSW than Nathan Lyon ever has, but I guess at some point for NSW Nathan Lyon took a 10 wicket haul for the match

Burgey

Very good effort by the NSW bowlers and Chris Green. Shame WA have about 170 too many