• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

Frost

U19 Debutant
Chapman is class. I'm not sure his bowling offers too much yet but he's going to be a massive asset to our limited over sides if we let him be. Smart, hits hard, can play all round the ground and makes bowlers think
Yea, more a option in 50 over with the ball. Not sure the risk is needed to bowl him in t20 yet. Not with the options.
He has that switch hitting ability that sides need especially through the middle overs. Strong onside hitter but Can open up the offside with classy strokes, similar to Conway really.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Outstanding from the Black Caps.
Also it's no co-incident that once the cheatsmith isnt there on the field suddenly NZ can smash stark and the Aussie Pacers. No one to apply sandpaper or other tricks.

Also what is Chapman doing in the s
Squad let alone the team? Better off playing any other player. Even Guptill at 5 with a license to go from ball 1. Chapman is not international quality.

I'm fine with whatever Kane is doing. He just needs a few balls to settle in. Always trust him.
It appears it had been 4-1/2 months since you posted prior to this diatribe.

Perhaps you could aim for 2 years for your next posting drought.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
yeah impressive work by veganbob to fit three extremely bad arguments into such a small number of words

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland quite a dangerous team imo - explosive batting on their day.

Mildly surprised Ireland chose to bat first when their two wins in the qualifier came from impressive chases.

Niall

International Coach
I'm still perplexed how Balbirnie scores runs, just bang average.com.

Need 165 minimum here which seems highly unlikely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Campher cuts straight down point's throat. Jeez, Curtis, have a little look first, eh?

Irish eyes definitely not smiling.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lanka getting in the groove they will create issues for big sides especially in Sydney. I don't rule out a semi for them.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Lanka getting in the groove they will create issues for big sides especially in Sydney. I don't rule out a semi for them.
Um, surely they ARE one of the big sides? Recent performance aside I actually like the look of the current side in t20

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Um, surely they ARE one of the big sides? Recent performance aside I actually like the look of the current side in t20
More wins at T20i WCs than any other nation, apparently. Or so Bish said on commentary today.

Plus, Asian champs as well, obvz.

Don't think England, Oz or NZ will be taking them lightly.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
OK one hurdle done. If we get over Afghans I will be happy. Beating ENG, MZ or AUS would be bonus.