• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon this pitch mustn't be as easy to bat on as its appearance would indicate.

Though Nabi bowling Stokes with a 100 km/h seamer is just one of those things...

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Cummins isn't a good enough t20 bowler to be in this team, but I don't know if we can afford to lose his batting at this point. Would go

1.Warner
2.Green
3.Marsh
4.Finch
5.Stoinis
6.David
7.Wade
8.Agar
9.Starc
10.Zampa
11.Haze

Maxy is in absolutely dreadful touch and finch looked half decent when he batted 4 vs the windies, think this will get the best results out of what we have. Green also gives us another bowling option, which we desperately need with this lineup. The bat to 7 strategy doesn't work if marsh can't send down overs, stoinis isn't a good enough bowler to be our 5th option.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love to see Livingstone open with Buttler. Very unlikely to happen but think he's a guy that could be so destructive in the powerplay

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say that would be the most proactive, positive performances I've seen from a Gary Stead NZ side. Credit where credit is due, that was the batting performance we've been crying out for. Picked by and large the right side, attacked brutally in the powerplay, Conway did a magnificent job in the middle then Neesham finished off. Magnificent.

The elephant in the room, except we as fans have been pointed out its existence for a while, is still Kane. 23 off 23, coming in at 56-1 off 4 and the lack of intent he showed, is unacceptable. They've either got to accept he's not in our best XI (they won't) or be prepared to float him down in that situation. That should have been Phillips, or even Chapman. He could derail the brilliance that Conway, Allen and co are capable of. Or be more proactive - I don't think scores in this tournament are crying out for a run a ball guy to hold an innings together.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love to see Livingstone open with Buttler. Very unlikely to happen but think he's a guy that could be so destructive in the powerplay
Think that's a good shout actually (though agree it's not likely to happen). They should really be fitting in another bowler and Hales is probably the weakest batting link.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Finn Allen currently scores at 166.99 per hundred balls in T20 Internationals, and 171.57 across all T20 cricket. That leaves him fifth-highest in history on both lists with a minimum of 250 balls faced. In all T20s, nobody who has faced 400 balls has scored higher than Allen, who has faced 1189.

I didn't know this until I read it in the Guardian. Impressive.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I'd say that would be the most proactive, positive performances I've seen from a Gary Stead NZ side. Credit where credit is due, that was the batting performance we've been crying out for. Picked by and large the right side, attacked brutally in the powerplay, Conway did a magnificent job in the middle then Neesham finished off. Magnificent.

The elephant in the room, except we as fans have been pointed out its existence for a while, is still Kane. 23 off 23, coming in at 56-1 off 4 and the lack of intent he showed, is unacceptable. They've either got to accept he's not in our best XI (they won't) or be prepared to float him down in that situation. That should have been Phillips, or even Chapman. He could derail the brilliance that Conway, Allen and co are capable of. Or be more proactive - I don't think scores in this tournament are crying out for a run a ball guy to hold an innings together.
Frustrating, as this is such an obvious play. Kane should see it if Stead hasn't the cojones to make the decision.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Outstanding from the Black Caps.
Also it's no co-incident that once the cheatsmith isnt there on the field suddenly NZ can smash stark and the Aussie Pacers. No one to apply sandpaper or other tricks.

Also what is Chapman doing in the s
Squad let alone the team? Better off playing any other player. Even Guptill at 5 with a license to go from ball 1. Chapman is not international quality.

I'm fine with whatever Kane is doing. He just needs a few balls to settle in. Always trust him.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Also it's no co-incident that once the cheatsmith isnt there on the field suddenly NZ can smash stark and the Aussie Pacers. No one to apply sandpaper or other tricks.

Squad let alone the team? Better off playing any other player. Even Guptill at 5 with a license to go from ball 1. Chapman is not international quality.

I'm fine with whatever Kane is doing. He just needs a few balls to settle in. Always trust him.
While you may not see it, Chapman is a very classy player and has freakish power for a guy his size. He also offers something with the ball. Not the worst player to have in the middle order with the other players around him.

Starfighter

I love the idea that Starc, who hoops the ball from the first delivery of the day, needs sandpaper.
Starc has barely hooped the new ball for five years, since he modified his bowling action around 2017. Trouble is he's not great without the swing.

But typical stupid post from veganbob.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

Chapman's 32 off 16 vs Pakistan was superb and I know it was "only" Scotland but he scored a very fast 80 odd a couple of months ago. He's good enough.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Drop boult? Yeah lets drop our best player LOL

I'd say Sodhi if anybody was to be dropped to bring in Milne. And that could potentially happen. I can now confidently say this side will make positive exciting selections in this tournament.
They might also drop/rest/rotate Sodhi for Bracewell. Sodhi was an obvious choice as Australia had all right handed (although Maxwell mostly batted as a leftie) sloggers in their top 6 apart from Warner. They should've promoted Wade up the order to cope with Santner and Sodhi in the middle overs.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Cummins isn't a good enough t20 bowler to be in this team, but I don't know if we can afford to lose his batting at this point. Would go

1.Warner
2.Green
3.Marsh
4.Finch
5.Stoinis
6.David
7.Wade
8.Agar
9.Starc
10.Zampa
11.Haze

Maxy is in absolutely dreadful touch and finch looked half decent when he batted 4 vs the windies, think this will get the best results out of what we have. Green also gives us another bowling option, which we desperately need with this lineup. The bat to 7 strategy doesn't work if marsh can't send down overs, stoinis isn't a good enough bowler to be our 5th option.
Maxwell was Australia's best player last night. His bowling, fielding, and switch hits give him an edge over David. He was the only one who had a clue against Sodhi and Santner (Marsh might've but got done by Southee). I'd also bat Wade a lot higher - can't just have 5 right handed sloggers in the top 6.

Warner
Green
Marsh
Finch
Wade
Maxwell
Stoinis
Agar
Starc
Zampa
Hazelwood

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
While you may not see it, Chapman is a very classy player and has freakish power for a guy his size. He also offers something with the ball. Not the worst player to have in the middle order with the other players around him.
Chapman is class. I'm not sure his bowling offers too much yet but he's going to be a massive asset to our limited over sides if we let him be. Smart, hits hard, can play all round the ground and makes bowlers think

grecian

Do we need to talk about Adil, I mean we hace Livi and Moeen to bowl, and rashid just hasn't been doing it for awhile.

Do think we may do better going for Willey or Mills.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Maxwell was Australia's best player last night.
He scored the most runs...but I feel like he's a meme. Ever seen anyone switch hitting and scoring 80-90 to chase down 200? It doesn't feel like the best option, just the most flamboyant. The guy is so talented but to me, it's low percentage, social media worthy slaps then out for less than he's capable of