• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
you see it very occasionally at super rugby and npc level where teams get overexcited with the cheating.

also, see point above: "never leave your fate in the hands of a french official."
Yeah look you probably watch more Rugby than me but I've just never seen that called before, especially in such a crucial moment

Saying 'Rules are Rules' for Union is ridiculous in a game that allows the referees such leeway in officiating

There's time wasting all the time but the referee has decided to pull the trigger then? Yeah nah

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
speaking as a general rule, like, if something's in the rulebook it's in the rulebook and by falling foul of it you run the risk of a ref going rogue and calling you even if it's not normally enforced

taylor swift said it best play stupid games win stupid prizes like
You didn't watch it...Don't care for it - Why are you even offering a comment?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
speaking as a general rule, like, if something's in the rulebook it's in the rulebook and by falling foul of it you run the risk of a ref going rogue and calling you even if it's not normally enforced

taylor swift said it best play stupid games win stupid prizes like
Rule book says that an AB should have been red carded

How did that work out?

That final decision must be the most ridiculous decision that I have seen at the end of an international game ever

Flem274*

123/5
in fact south african and irish "injury breaks" have already fallen foul of officials this year iirc, though usually between games. in one of our wins they got noticeably moved along by the officials.

and foley really was pissing about, so much so his own team were getting worried. it was npc level trolling and you can't be so unsubtle at this level. its what separates dane coles from darcy swain.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah look you probably watch more Rugby than me but I've just never seen that called before, especially in such a crucial moment

Saying 'Rules are Rules' for Union is ridiculous in a game that allows the referees such leeway in officiating

There's time wasting all the time but the referee has decided to pull the trigger then? Yeah nah
if it was going to be called it was more likely to be in the 78th than in the 25th tbh. referees are more watchful for ****housing then.

the ref was all over the place tonight and when you get a french chaos ref you can't leave your fate in his hands. foley should have kicked it like a normal 10, take the line out and smoke it into touch and easy win because there was literally no time. all blacks only hope was to steal that lineout and run it in.

Flem274*

123/5
I bet if his team wasn't yelling at him it wouldn't have been called. All very hilarious and very fair.
the aus forwards were having a serious cuddle too. foley was staring at them probably wanting them to hurry up, because if the all blacks manage to keep it in play like everyone trains for now, australia were toast.

Shady Slim

International Coach
back slam away from the ball where yellow cards were handed out like confetti?
the point is that referees are bad and inconsistent and the best way to minimise this is to not do things that might draw their ire

you roll a pair of hundred sided dice you might get snake eyes and the fella who rolls a pair of six sided dice gets two sixes. sometimes that just happens

Flem274*

123/5
back slam away from the ball where yellow cards were handed out like confetti?
it was a marginal yellow. never went beyond horizontal.

i think you need to log off. the ref was terrible but he was bad for everyone. french refs see the world in a different light.

social

the aus forwards were having a serious cuddle too. foley was staring at them probably wanting them to hurry up, because if the all blacks manage to keep it in play like everyone trains for now, australia were toast.
He only had to kick it 20 metres for the game to be over

social

it was a marginal yellow. never went beyond horizontal.

i think you need to log off. the ref was terrible but he was bad for everyone. french refs see the world in a different light.
In a game with multiple yellows and a crazy end, that’s a straight red