• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Chubb

International Regular
Yikes! Just checked the score at half-time in the Waratahs-Blues. Who's this Jamie Porter and what's gone wrong with the batting?
Porters been one of the most effective seamers in county cricket for several years. Has been unlucky not to play for England. He and “Little Chef” Sam Cook are an underrated part of Essex’s recent successes, overshadowed by Harmer.

Also - Chelmsford is his home ground so it’s a bit of a Murtagh-at-Lords situation.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Yikes! Just checked the score at half-time in the Waratahs-Blues. Who's this Jamie Porter and what's gone wrong with the batting?
The effect of the game being a friendly I suppose. Everyone comes out with the mindset to spend some time in the middle and get the feel rather than play with the intensity that's required in a proper game.

Bowling this morning from county select has been good. Couple of unlucky dismissals. Don't think Conway was out, CDG blocked and the ball rolled back to the stumps.

Rest just made bad decisions. Must be new batch of duke balls, it's nipping around a bit.

Southee has been swinging at everything as usual haha

nzfan

Porters been one of the most effective seamers in county cricket for several years. Has been unlucky not to play for England. He and “Little Chef” Sam Cook are an underrated part of Essex’s recent successes, overshadowed by Harmer.
I thought Gibbon is a very good bowler. Good left armer. Porter doesn't look as good but did nip the ball in lots. His action makes it easy for him to bowl the innies

nzfan

The first test match will be challenging for us. Kind of start the first test, even stevens with England also at 50%

I think we'll get into thick of things by the second. I reckon it's a 2-1 for us or 1-1 with a draw.

nzfan

It's funny the commentators haven't figured its Wagner batting. They're even reading out Bracewell's first class starts haha The scorecard says it's Bracewell as well. Wagner looking like a proper batsman, it's easy to assume it's a proper batsman out there.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It's funny the commentators haven't figured its Wagner batting. They're even reading out Bracewell's first class starts haha The scorecard says it's Bracewell as well. Wagner looking like a proper batsman, it's easy to assume it's a proper batsman out there.
Interesting that Jamieson hasn't batted. I wonder if he's in doubt for 1st test. And if Boult is too late due to the IPL, is that an attack of Southee-Henry-CDG-Wagner-Ajaz for Lords
?

nzfan

Interesting that Jamieson hasn't batted. I wonder if he's in doubt for 1st test. And if Boult is too late due to the IPL, is that an attack of Southee-Henry-CDG-Wagner-Ajaz for Lords
?
I just hope they don't make any strange decisions going into first test. Of course Ajaz has to play but it's rather keep Jamieson, Southee and Wagner or Jamieson, Southee and Henry. Also keep Blundell rather than pick Cam Fletcher. Darryl Mitchell and CDG both play rather than 4 fast bowlers, no Ajaz and they somehow slot in Bracewell. Seeing how Bracewell batted, bowled one over and got out slogging in the first inning I'm not at all confident going with 4 fast bowlers and a part timer.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ajaz 3-32 and 36 n.o. in the 1st innings has hopefully done enough.
I don't think they'll pick him at Lord's, and I don't think they should.

Honestly, I don't think either side will bat long enough in this series, or certainly initially to prompt spinners. I think it'll be a 200 plays 200 sort of affair back and forth, with seamers dominating at least at Lord's, and not sure what will be served up after that. Maybe if it's flat as **** at the other venues, Ajaz becomes a vital selection...but I'd be going four seamers + CdG at Lord's.

Our guys especially, just not a lot of red ball cricket. Young has, CdG to a lesser extent, but the rest haven't.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think they'll pick him at Lord's, and I don't think they should.

Honestly, I don't think either side will bat long enough in this series, or certainly initially to prompt spinners. I think it'll be a 200 plays 200 sort of affair back and forth, with seamers dominating at least at Lord's, and not sure what will be served up after that. Maybe if it's flat as **** at the other venues, Ajaz becomes a vital selection...but I'd be going four seamers + CdG at Lord's.

Our guys especially, just not a lot of red ball cricket. Young has, CdG to a lesser extent, but the rest haven't.
Don't see this at all, the weather has been pretty good this year so far, the County Championship has been full of runs and it's looking Sunny for the week, either team leaving out a spinner a rather sus move IMHO.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Twice in this match the lower order has bailed out the top order for NZ. Not great signs tbh.

Good to see Porter back in form though. Just in time for the Championship hiatus though. Sigh.