• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andrew Symonds dies in car accident

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS, horrendous news.

RIP to one of the great white ball Cricketers. A true entertainer & natural athlete.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I played a social game with him when he was 15 or 16

Bit of fun but some pretty good players involved

He hit a couple of 6s that easily traveled 90m and scored 76 off not many balls

Monumental talent

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus. Awful news and what a thoroughly ****ty few months it's been for the cricket world and the Australian corner of it particularly. :(

Vale big fella. Seriously impressive physical specimen (I believe he toyed with a league career with the Broncos at one stage) and a genuine multi faceted player.

He was in the news up here only a week or two ago because it was his record for sixes hit in a CC innings (16, if memory serves) than the new England captain recently bettered.

Really no age.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How good an all round fielder was he? Was weird he never caught especially well in the slips, but that aside he was as good as anyone really. Rocket arm, fantastic athleticism, speed and terrific hands too. That odi ring cordon Aus had of Symonds, Ponting, Clarke and Hussey was next level in its time.

Son Of Coco

I played a social game with him when he was 15 or 16

Bit of fun but some pretty good players involved

He hit a couple of 6s that easily traveled 90m and scored 76 off not many balls

Monumental talent
Yeah, he and Matthew Mott put on about 450 for the first wicket in one game for the Gold Coast Dolphins many years ago. He would've been about 17 at that time.

Teja.

Global Moderator
A freak batting talent and an ATG LO cricketer. Would no doubt have been one of the best T20 cricketers if it became big during his prime. His career reminds me a lot of Yuvraj Singh.

Tragic. RIP.

social

Yeah, he and Matthew Mott put on about 450 for the first wicket in one game for the Gold Coast Dolphins many years ago. He would've been about 17 at that time.
Game was on the old TSS 1st pitch

He hit one into the swimming pool & another onto the footpath on Ferry Road

Massive hits

I think he was 15 at the time

Xuhaib

International Coach
Oh no RIP was a really entertaining cricketer. I am surprised how great his test record is why did he not play more last test also when he was just 33.